MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
About 19 seconds before the end of the fight, there was a shot of Islam looking up at the clock. Anyone got a screen grab of that? I need to taunt my friend that said Islam was gonna smash Volk in under 60 seconds.
he was lookin at the clock every 10s

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
7bad4c37ea04f25053d10a99651f73ce.png

i guess santos got hurt

*edit nvm
looks like santos couldn't get visas for cornermen

wonder what were the odds before andrade

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
7bad4c37ea04f25053d10a99651f73ce.png

i guess santos got hurt

*edit nvm
looks like santos couldn't get visas for cornermen

wonder what were the odds before andrade
Pretty dogshit card. Might be cool to see Miller's grandpa ass fight and I guess to see if Blanchfield is the real deal or not. Andrade's roided ass will probably crush her though.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand why it's important. What do they think was in the IV? Was he blood packing?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I don't understand why it's important. What do they think was in the IV? Was he blood packing?
Rehydrating with an IV allows more extreme weight cuts, which the commissions were trying to discourage.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I see. The weight class thing always seemed retarded to me anyway.
I really wish they could find a way to enforce fighting at natural weights. Everyone would win. The fighters would fight the same guys but not feel like dogshit, it would be safer for the brains and joints, and the fans would get better performances.

One FC is close with their hydration testing during camp, but that's super invasive and apparently still possible to game.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I really wish they could find a way to enforce fighting at natural weights. Everyone would win. The fighters would fight the same guys but not feel like dogshit, it would be safer for the brains and joints, and the fans would get better performances.

One FC is close with their hydration testing during camp, but that's super invasive and apparently still possible to game.

UFC was at it's best before weight classes. I assume they have to do classes for the commission to sanction them. I'm watching that slap fight show and they have weight classes and Dana mentioned they needed them for sanctioning.

Maybe the answer is to say no penalty for missing weight. Or weigh in when the contract is signed instead of just before the fight.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user