MMA Thread

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'm surprised air chokes are allowed with how dangerous they can be
They happen all the time in grappling. It's no big deal. I've been air choked hundreds of times.

Even if you wanted to make them illegal for some reason, there's no reliable way to differentiate.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Jones called it during those pre-fight interviews. "This isn't a kickboxing match".

He knew once he got his hands on him it would be over.

Looking forward to him against Stipe.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'll never understand why you guys don't invest $10 a month for all the sports you want, and go to IPTV.
That's essentially what I do. But, I'd still consider that "pirating".

Gane looks slow as fuck and totally confused when he's against somebody who will pressure him and not just let him blast leg kicks all night.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They happen all the time in grappling. It's no big deal. I've been air choked hundreds of times.

Even if you wanted to make them illegal for some reason, there's no reliable way to differentiate.
You can really fuck up the trachea, I'm surprised I don't see them more in MMA with how quick someone will tap

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lol, he made that look easy.

It looked like a gorilla vs a kitten.

Ragdolled. I almost cried out when Jones went for his trademark suplex from the 2010's. He had the lock on his waist and Gane resisted and defended.

So close to seeing some old classic Jones. Seeing Gane thrown to the mat like a pile of shit was a close second though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
You can really fuck up the trachea, I'm surprised I don't see them more in MMA with how quick someone will tap

They can, but it more or less requires that the recipient not respect their own trachea. As I said, I've had it happen to me hundreds of times. I just tap and it's fine. In the grand scheme of things that can cause damage in MMA, this is waaaaaaay down the list.

As far as why they aren't used more frequently, it's because they're only useful at the same times you could do a more typical choke (from the back, mostly). The most common would be the "short choke" variant of the RNC. In that clip with Machida the forearm only worked because his opponent was clueless. That's effective 0/100 times on a competent grappler.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That's essentially what I do. But, I'd still consider that "pirating".

Gane looks slow as fuck and totally confused when he's against somebody who will pressure him and not just let him blast leg kicks all night.
Oh there's no doubt it is pirating. But it is also incredibly reliable, which is why I spend the $10 on it. I don't ever have to search for new streams, and I can watch it on my TV and not just the computer.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh there's no doubt it is pirating. But it is also incredibly reliable, which is why I spend the $10 on it. I don't ever have to search for new streams, and I can watch it on my TV and not just the computer.
What do you use,

I use to use solarPM but it's been gone for a few years.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jesus christ ganes tap was so hurried, probably the closest he ever felt to dying, i think only conner v khabib tapped faster, compared to valentina, she was like "fuck, i have to tap"