MMA Thread

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
perry just walked through some huge shots and beat the snot out of rockhold. bare knuckle suits him.

Goatface

perry just walked through some huge shots and beat the snot out of rockhold. bare knuckle suits him.

1682879189449.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
5b2a6d362ed60860bb01c5588bbc62c9.png

are the odds changing so much theres no underdog?

i mean cejudo easily takes it imo
Dober is always great for a show, but outside of Belal/Burns, this card is a stinker.

• 1Solidarity

Goatface

1683053628628.png

The full Octagon 44 event was uploaded to the promotion’s official YouTube channel, and the moment when one fighter chooses to bite his opponent’s ear to secure the rear-naked choke happens at around the 4:15:31 mark

on a side note, wish ufc the big production walks to the cage

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What it looked like to me is this dude ran up on Nate, and you’ve got to respect every threat. It looked like it was self-defense. … I just want to say: You can’t run up on people. You can’t violate people’s personal space, and feel it’s cool to get away with.”
colby-covington.jpg

Goatface

jones says again he will hang it up with win over stipe, also in a roundabout way says it will be in Nov. he would come back for big pay check to fight francis, if he returned to the ufc. he says Sergei is not well known so the risk/reward wouldn't be worth it.

apparently francis is going to sign with PFL today or soon. ONE said they offered him $20 million guaranteed.
1683123134863.png

what i gather jones was going to get at least $10m

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
he says Sergei is not well known so the risk/reward wouldn't be worth it.

I'd respond to the retirement talk by making him fight Pavlovich and stripping him a fourth time if he refuses, but Dana probably doesn't think he can beat him either and if he's only getting one more fight out of him, Miocic is worth more money than Pavlovich.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

jones says again he will hang it up with win over stipe, also in a roundabout way says it will be in Nov. he would come back for big pay check to fight francis, if he returned to the ufc. he says Sergei is not well known so the risk/reward wouldn't be worth it.

apparently francis is going to sign with PFL today or soon. ONE said they offered him $20 million guaranteed.
View attachment 471750
what i gather jones was going to get at least $10m
how is pfl able to "maybe" sign him? one offered allegedly 20m and he can fight elsewhere (box)

but ngannou wanted more shit (probably fighter pay etc)

thats when one said no

Goatface

how is pfl able to "maybe" sign him? one offered allegedly 20m and he can fight elsewhere (box)

but ngannou wanted more shit (probably fighter pay etc)

thats when one said no
holy shit
1683137422428.png

• 3Worf
  • 2WTF
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
holy shit
View attachment 471778
some crazy leprechaun is talkin in ngannous ear

now we know why dana was so adamant
"No. We negotiated with him for years," White said when asked if a Ngannou return was possible. "It's over, that's over. He'll never be in the UFC again. ... I never say never, but I'll give you a never on that one. We tried."

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'd respond to the retirement talk by making him fight Pavlovich and stripping him a fourth time if he refuses, but Dana probably doesn't think he can beat him either and if he's only getting one more fight out of him, Miocic is worth more money than Pavlovich.

Jones would take the Pavlovich fight if UFC renegotiated after Stipe. Risking his legacy is just a matter of money for him, judging by how he's talking.

I read between the lines that he just won't agree to Pavlovich under his current contract. "Maybe UFC will come with the right numbers". He's looking for more toward 15m-30m rather than the 10m he's currently making.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Jones would take the Pavlovich fight if UFC renegotiated after Stipe. Risking his legacy is just a matter of money for him, judging by how he's talking.

I read between the lines that he just won't agree to Pavlovich under his current contract. "Maybe UFC will come with the right numbers". He's looking for more toward 15m-30m rather than the 10m he's currently making.
pavlovich hits hard

big deal, can he hit hard on his back? thats what super vet reem did to him, he was a like dead log

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
pavlovich hits hard

big deal, can he hit hard on his back? thats what super vet reem did to him, he was a like dead log

He won't suddenly have a fight IQ to match Jones, but he can train very hard on a gameplan. Despite having the toolkit, there is a massive difference in fight IQ between Jones and Pavlovich.

Goatface

appears conor still isn't in the testing pool. chandler would be ok with just 2 clean test and not the 6 months.

“Conor says one thing, USADA says another,” Chandler told ESPN. “Conor [likes to] publicly be in spats, whether it be Dana here and there, sponsors here and there, people who it doesn’t even make sense for him to be picking fights with, different weight classes, different organizations, all kinds of stuff. It’s all just a big show. I don’t know what the understanding is. I could see it very well being just two clean tests. I have no problem with it being two clean tests. I could care less. If you do two clean tests, sounds to me like you’re clean. At this point, who am I to say what the stipulations are? I’m ready for him to be cleared or at least get that answer. At this point, we don’t have an answer.”

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He won't suddenly have a fight IQ to match Jones, but he can train very hard on a gameplan. Despite having the toolkit, there is a massive difference in fight IQ between Jones and Pavlovich.
Maybe he had the jitters fighting in the UFC for the first time, maybe he had a bad training camp, I dunno. Only takedown he's eaten in his entire career, has a grappling background himself, and has had 6 straight first round finishes since his embarrassing UFC debut. Meanwhile Jones lost his last fight against a football player before his vacation, barely scratched out a split decision in the fight before that, and while there's no doubt he walked straight through Gane, it felt like Gane showed up expecting to be crushing a can or something and had no idea what to do against someone who could fight.

Jones 'fight iq' can be summed up as insane reach + eyepokes that would make Ric Flair jealous.