MMA Thread

Goatface

The Clark County (Nev.) coroner’s office ruled Bonnar’s death accidental from “Fentanyl, Parafluorofentanyl and Mitragynine intoxication” in an email sent to MMA Fighting after a public records request following the UFC Hall of Famer’s death on Dec. 22 in Las Vegas. He was 45.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where that video picks up and starts doesn't look good for Nate. Guy was approaching him open palms, hands up and apparently was trying to talk it out. But that could be deceiving because he could have been throwing punches just seconds before that and the video doesn't capture it.

Not much sympathy for anyone in these circumstances though. Been going to bars and scenes like that my whole life and asshole's who get into physical confrontations are assholes who want to get into physical confrontations. Never really seen exceptions to that statement.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah I dunno, the problem with all the stupid cell phone videos is you never get the whole story. If the other guy(s? can't tell wtf all the other clowns in the video are doing or trying to do, one guy rushes them and then does nothing? etc.) started it then they should be glad that all they got was a choke out with a gentle lay down.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
read somewhere he is a look-a-like logan paul toktoker so wouldn't be surprised he did something to get views or some shit and got more than he asked for.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Everyone saying it was a stunt. I think that's true except it was a one-sided stunt without Diaz participation, gone wrong. Of course the guy won't admit he was looking to goad Diaz for views. The police report won't have that in it. The charges will be used to keep this tiktoker guy's name ringing since he's not that big (understatement) of a YouTube/Tiktok personality enough to let this go. He'll milk a few more articles on it over the year before he's done. For whatever clicks he can get. Maybe Nate can settle it financially at some point.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
nate diaz has been doing martial arts for 27 years, 19years as a pro w/ 35fights

knees and standing guilitone chokes a guy (doesn't really matter he's like 0-1 in mma, lulz)

and drops him on the floor like a bag of groceries after he's out, and fake logan paul shows off a bloody head

nate can surely argue self defense, some of us would say, "i mean yea he was handled w/ kid gloves... up until"

being dropped like a bag of groceries, cuz ppl have gone to jail for ktfo a dude, crack head on pavement and dead...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Oh ya, i'm sure legally Nate will probably get screwed, cause the legal system in this country is trash in most places. Stand your ground/castle doctrine laws should apply to everything/everywhere. Obviously things can get dicey in situations with no real conclusive evidence and just a bunch of he said she said but if you decide to attack someone and get your ass beat, you should be the one getting in legal trouble, too. Especially with how common all these retards desperate for internet fame who want to be the next big thing are becoming.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Chokes can add a slew of legal trouble in some cases. War Machine had a lot worse charges than he would have gotten if he just threw punches only on the guy n girl.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chalk it up to the game. You want to be a tough guy and get into brawls? You might just get slept. Everyone should be embarrassed and move on with their lives.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

no idea who these people are, but this guy is big

the guy he choked out

1682523654508.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this is bad news for nate all around, but no matter how this spins fake jake paul is gonna end up on top

Lenas

Trump's Staff
From the two videos I don't see Nate looking bad at all. Guy is trying to avoid the obvious brawl, gets run up on, backs himself against the wall with his hands up and the guy still goes after him. Seems like nothing but self defense.

Goatface

don't know if anyone cares about this card, only 2 ranked fighters
out of 4 chicks, 2 were heavy

UFC Fight Night 223
prelim card begins at 4:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. PT ESPN+ and ESPN2.
main card starts at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT. ESPN+

Ricky Simon (136) vs. Yadong Song (136)
Caio Borralho (185.5) vs. Michal Oleksiejczuk (185.5)
Cody Brundage (185.5) vs. Rodolfo Vieira (186)
Julian Erosa (145.5) vs. Fernando Padilla (145.5)
Waldo Cortes-Acosta (258) vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima (262.5)
Josh Quinlan (169) vs. Trey Waters (171)
Martin Buday (265) vs. Jake Collier (265.5)
Cody Durden (126) vs. Charles Johnson (125.5)
Irina Alekseeva (140)* vs. Stephanie Egger (135)
Marcus McGhee (140) vs. Journey Newson (138.5)
Hailey Cowan (137.5)** vs. Jamey-Lyn Horth (135.5)

*Alekseeva missed weight by 4 pounds and has been fined a percentage of her purse.
**Cowan missed weight by 1.5 pounds and has been fined a percentage of her purse.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
don't know if anyone cares about this card, only 2 ranked fighters
out of 4 chicks, 2 were heavy

UFC Fight Night 223
prelim card begins at 4:30 p.m. ET/1:30 p.m. PT ESPN+ and ESPN2.
main card starts at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT. ESPN+

Ricky Simon (136) vs. Yadong Song (136)
Caio Borralho (185.5) vs. Michal Oleksiejczuk (185.5)
Cody Brundage (185.5) vs. Rodolfo Vieira (186)
Julian Erosa (145.5) vs. Fernando Padilla (145.5)
Waldo Cortes-Acosta (258) vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima (262.5)
Josh Quinlan (169) vs. Trey Waters (171)
Martin Buday (265) vs. Jake Collier (265.5)
Cody Durden (126) vs. Charles Johnson (125.5)
Irina Alekseeva (140)* vs. Stephanie Egger (135)
Marcus McGhee (140) vs. Journey Newson (138.5)
Hailey Cowan (137.5)** vs. Jamey-Lyn Horth (135.5)

*Alekseeva missed weight by 4 pounds and has been fined a percentage of her purse.
**Cowan missed weight by 1.5 pounds and has been fined a percentage of her purse.
didn't some bitch also miss weight by 4lbs last week but they cancelled the fight? whats the difference? percentage of weight?

Goatface

didn't some bitch also miss weight by 4lbs last week but they cancelled the fight? whats the difference? percentage of weight?
iirc both fighters have to agree to a new contract and the commission has to approve it. pretty sure the chick last week was a repeat offender, so that might also factored into it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I always thought coming in heavy was a huge advantage but according to a betting site I found, it's actually 55-45 in favor of the fighter who didn't miss weight.

Wish I could find one that was just for UFC fights because contrary to what that link says its actually for all pro MMA.

Goatface

Wish I could find one that was just for UFC fights

so far this year, according to this site
Sijara Eubanks - did not weigh - cancelled
Kelydson Rodrigues - 1lb over - won
Zubaira Tukhugov - 1.5lb over - lost
Geoff Neal - 4lb over - lost
Mana Martinez - 1lb over - lost

Ricardo Ramos - 8lb over - cancelled
Jared Gooden - 6lb over - lost
Malcolm Gordon - 3.5lb over - lost

Christian Rodriguez - 1.5lb over - won