MMA Thread

Goatface

1692573039540.png

ufc put the 2nd round on youtube

Goatface

Kai Kara-France drops out of UFC 293 fight against Manel Kape after suffering concussion
“So unfortunately, I’ve had to withdraw from my next fight in Sydney, Australia, UFC 293,” Kara-France said. “I suffered a concussion over the weekend in training. I’ve been speaking to my coaches, my team and my family, and they all think it’s the right decision to put my health first.

“Just want to say sorry to all the friends and family that bought tickets, flights, accommodations, all the fans that were excited to see me fight live. I’m gutted that I won’t be a part of this card.”

==

here are still many uncertain elements surrounding McGregor, but his frustrations are growing, which he expressed Sunday.

“They’re not going to let me fight in December, ladies and gentlemen,” McGregor said in a series of audio notes on X. “You’ve seen Chris Weidman (at UFC 292). Imagine what that injury is. I feel like I’m being kept from my livelihood, and I’ve been feeling this for years. I’m not going to air grievances. I’m going to buoy down and soldier on. I’m ready. I wanted an announcement for (UFC 296 on) Dec. 16. I’ve given everything. So, it’s not going to happen. It doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.”
appears tweets have been deleted

==
“Gotta feel for ‘Aljo,’ man,” Volkanovski said on his YouTube channel. “I mean, what does he want to do? He’s definitely going to want that rematch. That’s a big, big fight. [Him vs. me] that’s not happening. You never know, if he would have had a big win he could have took Ilia [Topuria’s] spot but [he didn’t].

“I’m able to do a fair bit [regarding the elbow]. I’m already able to post with it, I’m not punching with it yet but I will be. I’m staying fit, doing strength, doing everything I need to. I want to be back in there before the end of the year. Islam [Makhachev’s] fighting, I want that rematch, but he’s fighting in October so I want to fight before then. I don’t want to fight early next year. If I was gonna wait that long, it may as well be Islam but I don’t want to wait that long. So, Ilia, keep running your mouth. I like it. Makes me want to punch you in the face even more.”

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

appears tweets have been deleted

I'd guess that UFC is trying to get Conor to agree to at least 2 or 3 months of testing for the exemption, and it's taking time to iron out how much testing will be done. Conor's preference probably being only pre-fight testing 2 weeks out from the fight like Lesnar got is probably making it difficult as a starting point. I don't think UFC wants him to do the whole 6 months and accepted that isn't happening at this point. It's now about getting the guy to agree to a little more than just a pre-fight test.

He's gotta meet them half way if he wants an exemption is the gist I got from the fight date being moved back repeatedly.

Goatface

Mayra Bueno Silva has failed a drug test in relation to her victory over Holly Holm on July 15.

The Brazilian announced on Monday that she tested positive for a “substance that is consistent with the prescription medication I take for my ADHD.” Bueno Silva says she is cooperating with the Nevada State Athletic Commission and USADA regarding the failed test and has fully acknowledged the banned substance in her system.

Bueno Silva is on the agenda for Thursday’s NSAC hearing, where she will likely receive a temporary suspension.

The 31-year-old American Top Team representative submitted Holm with a ninja choke 38 seconds into Round 2 of their headlining clash at UFC on ESPN 49 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. With four straight victories to her credit — including three inside the distance — Bueno Silva had emerged as a top contender for the bantamweight championship vacated by Amanda Nunes earlier this year.

Bueno Silva’s full statement is as follows:

It is with deep regret that I have to announce I failed a drug test that I took the week of my fight against Holly Holm. I want to begin by saying I have never in my life taken a substance to enhance my ability in or outside the cage. I have test positive for a substance that is consistent with the prescription medication I take for my ADHD. I have been dealing with this disorder my entire life and it affects me in a multitude of ways.

I have provided a plethora of documents and explanations to USADA and the Nevada State Commission detailing the disorder, the effects of the disorder on my daily life and my decision making in the ingestion of the prescription medicine. I am fully cooperating with USADA, the Nevada Sthate athletic Commission and the UFC to make sure that all information is available and I fully acknowledge the presence of the substance in my system. I discontinued this medication at the beginning of fight week, like I always have in the past. So while it apeared in a small amount in my system, I am told by experts that it would not have an effect on my in-competition performance at that level.

Please before you make any judgements understand that I have been dealing with this my whole life and I am devastated that this has happened in my career. I look forwward to coming to a resolution and putting this behind me. I look forward to fighting again for the best organization in the world. I am the next champion and I am ready to fight!

interesting she has been in ufc for over 5 years and 1st time it showed up.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Khabib makes more sense, Its never going be the same thing for everyone, but I have no issues for people hiking Everest and never want to do it after reaching their dream

Goatface

super early start saturday, 5am/8am edt

=

UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. The Korean Zombie (also known as UFC Fight Night 225 and UFC on ESPN+ 83)
Sat, Aug 26
Singapore Indoor Stadium, Singapore Singapore

Main Card - 8:00 AM EDT
Max Holloway vs. Jung Chan-sung
Anthony Smith vs. Ryan Spann
Giga Chikadze vs. Alex Caceres
Rinya Nakamura vs. Fernie Garcia
Erin Blanchfield vs. Taila Santos
Junior Tafa vs. Parker Porter

Preliminary Card - 5:00 AM EDT
Waldo Cortes-Acosta vs. Łukasz Brzeski
Toshiomi Kazama vs. Garrett Armfield
Chidi Njokuani vs. Michał Oleksiejczuk
Song Kenan vs. Rolando Bedoya
Billy Goff vs. Yusaku Kinoshita
Liang Na vs. JJ Aldrich
Choi Seung-woo vs. Jarno Errens

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Excited to see Giga back and Holloway is always good but he's going to smoke Zombie.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Good lord. One fucking interview and he has no leg left to stand on.

What good is his 'status' going to do when his wife divorces him for her mega payout?

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

apparently this showed up on fightpass early this morning, 1st saw screenshot on reddit, conor just shared it.
1693149958322.png

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Glad Zombie is finally done. I NEVER understood why people ever thought he was so "great".