MMA Thread

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
He had no choice. What's he going to do-- go against the entire fanbase plus their broadcast partner in ESPN?

ESPN said no. The fans said no. The MMA press core said no.

22/154 just isn't enough to get a rematch. If anyone else had that performance they might even be slammed out the door. It's only because of who Izzy is that DW was trying to get people to overlook the 20/154. It's just not happening. Numbers don't lie.

Dana doesn't give a shit about anything except money and getting his own way. Yeah, he's reading the room and playing down the rematch now but I guarantee before he was just talking about it because he thought maybe that's what people wanted to see.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
real reason why izzy didn't throw no punches
he's wuz trying to preserve his manicure

An MMA champ that can't make a fist, better give him a rematch.

His left hand looks even worse. There's just no way he can close that and not have his nails preventing a fully closed fist.

1694758025515.png

This is not a serious fighter.

Now I have to go back and examine all his wins. We all know Whittaker's stock was high at the time, but how good was Whittaker really?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
An MMA champ that can't make a fist, better give him a rematch.

His left hand looks even worse. There's just no way he can close that and not have his nails preventing a fully closed fist.

View attachment 490697

This is not a serious fighter.

Now I have to go back and examine all his wins. We all know Whittaker's stock was high at the time, but how good was Whittaker really?
Whittaker was fucking excellent and dominate for a while. Hell, he's still pretty damn good.

People souring on Izzy after one bad loss is just fucking lol. I'm not a huge fan of his, but to act like he barely skated by? Please. He has an insane resume.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Noche UFC

MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 10 p.m. ET)

Champ Alexa Grasso (124.5) vs. Valentina Shevchenko (124.5) – for women’s flyweight title
Jack Della Maddalena (171) vs. Kevin Holland (170.5)
Terrence Mitchell (135.5) vs. Raul Rosas Jr. (135)
Christos Giagos (156) vs. Daniel Zellhuber (156)
Kyle Nelson (146) vs. Fernando Padilla (145.5)

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 7 p.m. ET)

Loopy Godinez (116) vs. Elise Reed (115.5)
Josh Fremd (185.5) vs. Roman Kopylov (185.5)
Edgar Chairez (126) vs. Daniel Lacerda (125.5)
Tracy Cortez (126) vs. Jasmine Jasudavicius (125.5)
Charlie Campbell (155) vs. Alex Reyes (155.5)
Josefine Knutsson (115.5) vs. Marnic Mann (115)

Goatface

turned it off with about a min left, thought it was 2-2 and that take down would give grasso the win. didn't feel like it was a 10-8.
1694962250503.png

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
10-8 was a total joke. Glad to see Valentina call out the "Noche" bullshit.

Goatface

unless i am remembering incorrectly, usada added session count
1695055427387.png

the text under it, seems to before session count.

The number of samples USADA has collected is typically not the same as the number of test sessions an individual athlete has been selected for during a given period, as multiple samples (e.g., blood, urine, Dried Blood Spot) are often collected during a test session. Thus, the number of samples collected typically does not equate to the number of times an athlete has been selected for an in-competition or out-of-competition test session under the UFC Anti-Doping Program. Please see above for more information about what is and is not represented in this database.

Needless

Toe Sucker
294 may look like the worst and most boring card i can think of, who is this appealing to? just the saudis watching their muslim homies mog everybody i guess?
literally zero interest in it though my lord

Goatface

294 may look like the worst and most boring card i can think of, who is this appealing to? just the saudis watching their muslim homies mog everybody i guess?
literally zero interest in it though my lord
certainly doesn't compare to 280
1695072014437.png

10:30am/2pm events can not sell that well, so maybe they are just going to half ass it this time. still only 7 fights announced with 33 days to go seems odds.