MMA Thread

blizzak

<Silver Donator>
Only Brightside is seeing what GSP brings in the rematch. He can't outwrestle Hendricks so I'd expect something flashier and higher energy next fight. Hendricks was a beast tonight, great fun to watch.
Edit, NM lol. Fuck me.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that retirement announcement was some bullshit to say after JH worked as hard as he did for that.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I hate it when people say that fighters are washed up, and GSP certainly isn't washed up but he definitely is passed his prime. Tonight we just saw half the GSP, the non-wrestling half.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Crazy how the fans are booing Hendricks for saying exactly what 99% of the people who watched that fight thought.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
amaraaves there's your upset
Hah, no shit. I thought for sure it was 48-47 for Hendricks. I looked over at my wife and said watch, it will be a split for GSP. So dumb.

So if he isn't officially retiring, but just stepping away for a while, I hope he gives up the belt right now. So we don't have to have this interim shit like there is with Cruz for who knows how long.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I hate it when people say that fighters are washed up, and GSP certainly isn't washed up but he definitely is passed his prime. Tonight we just saw half the GSP, the non-wrestling half.
gsp just isnt as strong as someone who walks around at 220+ and cuts 50pounds we saw that tonight lol, it was a ticking time bomb of when is JH gonna knock him out, and nothing scary like that coming from gsp for JH to worry about gsp hit him a few times but still left him looking clean.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Very curious to see what is said at the post fight press conference. Wonder if GSP will be there since he is so beat up.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That was some serious "boxing-style" shit right there - but the old adage that "the challenger has to take it from the champ" comes to mind. Thought before the fight that Hendricks needed a KO, and that proved right. However, the immediate quasi-retirement shit right after was a little too convenient for me.

All that said, GSP is an absolute legend and I think Hendricks is the most fun fighter in the UFC and he'll get the belt sooner rather than later.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
doesnt work
frown.png

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Wow, just got home from the bar. What a fucking robbery.

But a bet is a bet, bring it on you fuckers.