MMA Thread

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
UFC can't like that news announcement. Guilt by association and all. With them mass promoting women's fighting right now, it's a pretty bad headline for MMA, that the drive-by media will take and try to convey "Cage Fighting = Men vs Women!"

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think you're overestimating the exposure this will get. How much did the UFC have to deal with the 2 on 2 MMA fights that one company decided to do?

Don't remember that? Exactly.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think you're overestimating the exposure this will get. How much did the UFC have to deal with the 2 on 2 MMA fights that one company decided to do?

Don't remember that? Exactly.
Sure, that is true. However, dumbass Rousey actually makes a good point here.

Ronda Rousey: | FOX Sports on MSN
As for a possible man vs. woman fight in Brazil this weekend, the 26-year-old is not a fan of the idea.

"If there are images of a woman getting beaten up by a man, it's going to go all over the world," she said. "That will make it hard to get acceptance for our sport."?

Fedor

<Banned>
iQao1Rs51Rewb.gif

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Huh, didn't realize that Lawler was such a big underdog to MacDonald in their fight. Oh shit, or Shields such to Maia.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Of course Weidman can take it, on the ground or the feet. I have a month avatar bet with someone on it (I think Silva will win) but I forget who.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Just noticed this at the top of the picks
Game alert: UFC 168 will be the final event in Sherdog MMA Pick 'em. Thanks for playing!
So I guess they are pulling the plug at the end of the year?

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Just noticed this at the top of the picks

So I guess they are pulling the plug at the end of the year?
I think its just the end of the season.

Predictions for champs per division in 2014?

HW-Cain
LHW-Cormier
MW-Machida
WW-Big Rig
LW-Khabib
Feather- Aldo
Bantamt- Barao
Fly- Mighty Mouse

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I just don't see Cormier beating Jones. Unless Jones moves up to HW, he will keep that title.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I just don't see Cormier beating Jones. Unless Jones moves up to HW, he will keep that title.
Cormier has out grappled some of the great MMA grapplers at heavyweight. He will grapple rape Jones to a decision.

Cormier has balls of steel at heavyweight fighting guys way bigger then him, he should have the kind of confidence needed to get inside on Jones and take him down.