MMA Thread

Fedor

<Banned>
GSP is vacating the title and taking a break. So Hendricks vs Who for the title?
NAM3MUQ.jpg

steve-buscemi-o.gif

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad that GSP is retiring. He broke the ufc poster curse imo since he never lost. It's also good to see a legendary champion quit while on top. It would've been better if he beat Hendrix convincingly (imo GSP should have lost that fight) but he's clearly past his prime, doesn't have his greatest weapon(takedowns) and doesn't seem to want to fight at a world-class level anymore.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Weidman KO's Silva, fight wasn't even close. Immediate rematch. GSP loses razor close decision that probably should have gone the other way. Better retire.

The only consistent thing about this sport lately is that it is inconsistent.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Or I don't know maybe the guy is just done with fighting and who are we to tell him otherwise. While I respect what GSP did I'm not going to say I was a big fan of his style of fighting but he put in the years and beat some great talent. He was a great ambassador of the sport and a humble guy to boot. I can't hate on his decision to retire. He sure as hell earned it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
GSP has been rumoring of retiring for a while now. You can just watch his takedowns against Hendricks and see he's not the same. Yeah Hendricks is an elite wrestler but you can still see a huge difference in GSP.

1482794_10151764445740824_1951814999_n.jpg

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Prelims just started!

edit- JFC that was fucking nasty

edit 2- McKenzie fighting in his grandfathers underwear.

BbetYmZIgAAUqWf.jpg:large

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I..... don't think in a million years I saw Castillo smashing Barboza like that, what universe am I living in? Hope he didn't gas or Barboza is going to eat him alive.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
If you gave Castillo Rd 1 as a 10-8 (which you should), this shit is a draw.

Edit: Wow, I don't know which two judges it is.... but two of the judges tonight have been turning in fucking retarded score cards. TWO didn't score Rd 1 a 10-8 REALLY, wtf makes a 10-8 then?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
If you gave Castillo Rd 1 as a 10-8 (which you should), this shit is a draw.

Edit: Wow, I don't know which two judges it is.... but two of the judges tonight have been turning in fucking retarded score cards. TWO didn't score Rd 1 a 10-8 REALLY, wtf makes a 10-8 then?
Yeah, I thought for sure once it was over it was going to be a draw. Round 1 appeared to be a pretty clear 10-8

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Mendes has to be injured, I'm not sure if that first kick from Lentz broke a rib, or he came in that way.... but he looks fucking awful after his initial flurry.

Edit: Apparently Dana tweeted that Mendes has the flu, sucks for him.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Wow, McDonald has some serious acne on his back.

Edit: Damn, Faber is SO good...outside of title fights.