MMA Thread

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
That's unrealistic. People who train combat sports are constantly injured in one way or another. I doubt you could find a single fighter who didn't have something hurt at any given point in time. Add to that a huge financial incentive to train harder than the other guy, and you have accumulations or accidents that cancel fights. I'd rather have no fight than a lopsided one due to injury.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
While there are risks, I wouldn't call training dangerous unless you, your sparring partner, or your gym in general is stupid.
I'd post a list of injuries sustained by high profile fighters during training and ask you if you think they are all stupid but instead I'll just tell you to go train instead.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd post a list of injuries sustained by high profile fighters during training and ask you if you think they are all stupid but instead I'll just tell you to go train instead.
My professional record is 7-2. I've had a couple minor injuries in training, but never before a fight.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well shit, since you have never had an injury clearly all of the professional fighters are idiots.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gavinrad wanted to keep this quiet so that people wouldn't hound him on here, but it looks like the cat is out of the bag.Here he is.He only counts his UFC record, since everything before then was just amateur hour as far as he's concerned.
I told you that in confidence. I'm not getting you tickets to any more of my fights.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Cormier has a fight and back on the card against Patrick Cummins. I guess they used to train together and Patrick claims he used to beat him in sparing. Seems legit? Meh

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Still wouldnt fork out anything for that card. And on the topic of training, if you dont understand how they are always getting injured you dont train or are doing it wrong.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Hell, just some of the infections fighters get are kind of mind-bottling.

I could have sworn we had someone on FOH get an infection from the mats IRL and posted a pic. Was that Celebrindal I'm thinking of?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jack Slack: Can Gegard Mousasi Solve the Lyoto Machida Riddle? | FIGHTLAND

edit: UFC announced they are getting rid of the KOTN and SOTN bonuses starting this week. They'll be replaced with 2 "Performance" of the Night bonuses. Basically they're just giving themselves leeway so they're not stuck awarding a mediocre finish if it's the only one of the type. So instead they'll just give the same bonuses to the 2 best fighters of the night regardless of finish.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I see why they made the change but I kind of enjoyed seeing two great submissions or ko's and discussing which one was best.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Is that guy retarded that wrote the article. Gegard has been beating great fighters left and right since 2008.... The last 4 years hes fought lawal( lost) jake obrien, mizuno? Kieth jardine(draw) izumi?, st Preux, mike kyle, and latifi?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Gegard has been beating great fighters left and right since 2008.... The last 4 years hes fought lawal( lost) jake obrien, mizuno? Kieth jardine(draw) izumi?, st Preux, mike kyle, and latifi?
Well, who are the great fighters then?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just can't trust Mousasi. Also, I think Lyoto see's the obvious, where Belfort doesn't get to fight Weidman in May, and he get's to step in to the title shot to take his place.