MMA Thread

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cerrone & Matt Brown catch weight fight would be a amazing. Probably wouldn't do much for either of their careers, but hopefully they would both get a fat paycheck out of the deal. Plus, I am pretty sure I am going to that fight.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It would be amazing, but Cerrone needs to be fighting someone that will get him a title shot. Khabib complimented him on Twitter and said they should fight, that makes absolute sense to me. Winner gets Pettis/RDA winner.

edit: Nothing official yet, but there's this.

u5zlezh.png

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cowboy doesn't fuck around. First fight they had was pretty close, he got put on his back a ton but threatened with subs constantly. 2nd fight he got caught in a guillotine early. He's improved more than Bendo recently, especially at keeping guys from crowding him.

I'll say Cowboy, but that's at least half just hopeful. He's the much more exciting guy to watch than UFC Bendo has been

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'd love to see a time when there's enough talent outside of the top handful in a division to throw together something like a Pride Grand Prix.

Damn the pros and cons, that's what I want to see.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Donald Cerrone had 4 fights(and wins) in 2014, including Jim Miller, Edson Barboza, and Eddie Alvarez. He wanted more(6 I believe). He took the Jury fight to open this year and he wants to fight a lot more again this year. He's asked to be put on the Feb 14th card in Colorado. Either way he's said he's not leaving Vegas til he has another fight booked. UFC's twitter posted this picture and text.

fgpG9Io.jpg

@Cowboycerrone wasn't kidding when he said he wasn't leaving Vegas until he gets another fight lined up.

If you don't love this guy you're just being an asshole.
Hahaha did they really frame a poster of Dana Light getting knocked into the background?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know for a while the commissions had strict rules a guy couldn't fight more than like 25 minutes in a night. A few smaller orgs tries one night tourneys with like 1 round, 1 round, then 3 round final. Don't know if any of them actually pulled it off.

Battleground MMA in Oklahoma last year though talked with the commission and got a real one sanctioned. 170lb, 8 man, full rounds. They had to do full medical reviews between fights and pass a physical each time but they managed it(Roan Carneiro won). So I'm not sure they couldn't do it, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't. Just because they wouldn't be willing to do something in Oklahoma while pissing off the NSAC and other commissions they have to work with constantly.

Honestly I'd kind of like them to follow the Strikeforce model and do a one year HW tourney for a title shot. Werdum and Cain are going to fight, but the rest of the division is far enough behind or has already had their shots. Thus a tournament would establish a challenger nicely. Just using the current official UFC rankings(which are dumb and getting overhauled)

rrr_img_87189.jpg

While 145-185 would have better tournaments as far as quality those divisions all have multiple legit guys in line to earn title shots.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm just looking forward to an entire year of nothing but Hendricks vs Lawler rematches. And maybe they can tie up the HW title for the next two years by doing 3 rubber matches between Cain and Werdum.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anywhere that was circumventing them I'm sure. They'd have to just talk it out with the NSAC like Battlegrounds did. Thing is the NSAC is way less likely to set that kind of precedent since they sort of set the tone for the rest of the country. No one nationally gives much of a fuck what the Oklahoma commission does.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Cowboy is such a stud, and I hope this turnaround isn't too quick for him. If you look at their past 5 fights or so, I would have to pick Cowboy over Bendo. Ben seems to be the exact same fighter he was 3 years ago, while Cowboy has improved quite a bit.

Fedor

<Banned>
UFC champion Jon Jones announces he's entered a drug treatment facility | Cagewriter - Yahoo Sports

But in a random drug test given to him on Dec. 4 by the Nevada Athletic Commission, Jones tested positive for benzoylecgonine, the main metabolite in cocaine.

The Nevada commission follows the World Anti-Doping Agency code and benzoylecgonine is not banned out-of-competition. As a result, the commission was unable to penalize Jones or prevent him from fighting despite knowing of the positive test.
giphy.gif

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
man I really wanted DC to come out and literally snap JJ in half, but it really seems like DC has shit for cardio he was done by round 2 maybe 3, but there was none of the explosiveness we have seen against every other opponent.
I was really disappointed in how fast he gas'd first thing should have been to get his cardio down so he could last all 5 and still be the force he usually is, and jones is a cunt for doing what he did after the fight, and the late hits after first round.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
His cardio was fine, maybe you should have been paying attention to how many times he got hit in the same rib.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Takes a true champion to admit their faults and seek help for it. This confirms how great of a person and champion Jonathan Dwight "Jon" Jones is.