MMA Thread

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He may be the greatest fighter in the sport, but he was never the marketing golden goose he should have been. I think they cut him.

... and in about 1.5 - 2 years, after the division has had enough time to solidify a new champ, Jones will make a triumphant return and fuck up who ever has his belt.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I doubt it is even that. Maybe a 6 month suspension with some sort of forced rehab, but not a very long suspension.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
HJmwsFT.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Good! I didn't think it was a question that he'd be stripped and suspended. I'm just glad Cormier stepped up on short notice.
MqOPQIg.gif

And note that Cormier opened as a slight favorite vs Rumble:
UFC 187: Cormier vs. Johnson Odds & Betting Lines | Best Fight Odds

I'm a little surprised by this. I haven't been following Cormier, but I just assumed he's been eating Tyson's chicken 24/7 since his loss to JJ.

edit: NM: I didn't know he was facing Bader right after UFC187, now it makes total sense.

Cormier isn't a saint, but I really hope he wins just to stick it to JJ.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Oh I think Cormier is going to walk through Rumble. I honestly am not sure it will be close at all. Of course Rumble always has that KO chance, but I don't think DC will give him the chance.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Poor Phil Davis, lol. I think Cormier will steamroll Rumble as well. I would prefer Rumble to knock him out but I just see Cormier's wrestling being too much for him. I would love for that fight to actually be competitive though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah totally seems fair to strip Jones of the title but let Rumble fight for it, who is himself coming off a suspension for domestic violence.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Jones, but he's still the best LHW in the world and giving the title to DC or Rumble is a fucking farce.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think there's a bit more to it than just going "well rumble did it too!" Jon Jones has been semi-notorious for not playing ball with the UFC, and the guy has had multiple fines in the last year alone. Whereas Rumble does have this recent deal, it wasn't today, which is what Jon Jones' is having issues with. Rumble also wasn't the UFC champion, so he wasn't a "face" for the UFC. Don't get me wrong, they both seem pretty thuggish with all things considered, but the positions of the fighters has an impact and the chain of recent issues with JJ is probably what pulled the house of cards down on him. Until someone legitimately beats him, JJ is the best at LHW period. But if he's not gonna be nice in the media, especially when he's the big name badass for the UFC? They really didn't have much of a choice in how to proceed. I would imagine they'll let the 2nd tier guys battle it out for a little bit so there can be some hype again when he comes back, because as it is he's basically cleaned out the division outside Rumble.