MMA Thread

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Your niece got free tickets to a fight in Brazil?
No they had it on PPV in the superdome or something. I didn't even listen to her when she said fight lol. I had to email her and ask her what she actually went to. They had some live undercard crap as well I'm told. Sorry for the confusion. I tune her out most of the time and I'm not into any of this.

She gets free tickets for everything. She was picked to be on America's top model and turned it down. Funny how that shit works out.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Dana needs to do whatever he can to get TRT Cyborg down to 135 and fucking get her in the ring for a Ronda superfight. Cause its only a matter of time before Ronda pulls a Jim Brown and calls it quits.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Dana needs to do whatever he can to get TRT Cyborg down to 135 and fucking get her in the ring for a Ronda superfight. Cause its only a matter of time before Ronda pulls a Jim Brown and calls it quits.
I'm not sure what else he can do, he's saying the fight is already a done deal if she can make the weight. If Cyborg misses out on the biggest payday of her life then she's got no one to blame but herself.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
She wouldn't stand a chance against any top ten bantamweight. Maybe she could take a strawweight. Even if her striking was a lot crisper than it is now, a man in the same weight class is just so much stronger than a woman that the best half of her arsenal (her ground game) is pretty much completely out of the equation, leaving her with just her striking against someone who is tougher and stronger than she is.

Pretty sure she's already said she'd never fight a dude even if the fight was offered.
It should never happen and it'd be a travesty if the UFC signed it or a commission sanctioned it, but I'd still avatar bet on Ronda against some of the dudes on the UFC roster.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Dana stated cyborg needs a 135 fight before she gets a shot at Rhonda, makes a ton of sense. Rhonda said if cyborg stops juicing she should have no problem hitting 135 lol. I can not understand ppl who think Rhonda would duck that fight...she is a warrior.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
People who are claiming Ronda is ducking Cyborg is ridiculous, but the simple fact is outside of a Tate III fight in Cowboys Stadium, that well is nearly dry. Guess if you're UFC you just hope she likes to make a quick million for 30 seconds in the octagon.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I gotta agree with everyone saying Cyborg is a dude. I looked at a few of "her" pictures last night out of curiosity and yea... combine that with the fact that "she" is from Brazil (which happens to be home to many many many trannies) i'm gonna trust my instincts on this one.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The funny thing is she still lasted longer than Rousey's previous two opponents put together.

tried to remove the attachment to crop all that extra space out of it but it wont let me.

fake as hell

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Miesha will at least put on a better fight with Ronda. If Ronda decided to brawl like that again she might even have a small punchers chance. Even if she's nowhere near Ronda's level Tate is clearly the best of the rest in that division.

Joanna actually fought at 125 and went to 115 because the UFC has no 125 division. She's the same height as Rousey and if she dominates in another couple title defense It's highly unlikely but possible she could take some time off to get bigger for a fight vs Rousey. Imagine the PPV buys... for that fight..

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, Tate lasted the longest, but I think Lizz Carmouche is the only fighter who has ever actually had Rousey in danger. She was holding that neck crank pretty hard until iirc she got greedy and Rousey managed to slip out of it. If she'd managed to defend that armbar another 11 seconds, she would have made it to round 2 and who knows what would have happend. Tate just spent 11 minutes getting worked by Rousey.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Didn't Tate take Ronda's back and threaten a choke at some point? I'd say they are equally dangerous.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dunno what fight you guys were watching if you thought it was simply a one sided beating.Miesha Tate vs Ronda Rousey 2 - ???????? ????? ?????? ? ???? ????.here's a vid. Worth watching again as it's easily the best Rousey fight.

Tate lands quite a few power punches and some nasty upkicks. Nearly gets Ronda into a triangle/arm bar in round 2. it was a pretty exciting fight.

The biggest story is how Ronda is able to use her judo throws and control Tate in the clinch. Miesha has certainly improved her grappling since then so my hope is if she can avoid those throws and improve her shows it should at lest be an entertaining match. Her submission defense has always been excellent.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rousey - Tate 2 gives me flashbacks of what Men's UFC used to be. Striking that led to ground battles, that led to fighting for position, attacking vulnerable limbs, triangle attempts, etc. These days, UFC is just glorified boxing, stand up fights. Sure, fights occasionally go to the ground, but more often than not, the guys are just catching their breath before they get back up and start swinging again. Rousey - Tate 2 was a great fight.

I still think Women's MMA is dogshit, but Ronda is a transcendant athlete and I will always be down to watch her fight.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
And why the Cyborg matchup is probably the most intriguing. Because she is the only one that could probably man-handle Ronda.

exhibit a

09_carano_vs_cyborg_6p1y7779.0.jpg