MMA Thread

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
And why the Cyborg matchup is probably the most intriguing. Because she is the only one that could probably man-handle Ronda.

exhibit a

09_carano_vs_cyborg_6p1y7779.0.jpg
Off the roids and at 135 lbs, I seriously doubt that...which is the whole fucking point.

Cyborg is physically dominant and moderately skilled. Rousey is less physically dominant but far and away more skilled (even striking at this point). There is a perfectly fine reason that Rousey only wants the fight at 135 lbs and a perfectly legitimate reason that Cyborg wants no part of Rousey at any weight that removes her physical dominance.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Off the roids and at 135 lbs, I seriously doubt that...which is the whole fucking point.

Cyborg is physically dominant and moderately skilled. Rousey is less physically dominant but far and away more skilled (even striking at this point). There is a perfectly fine reason that Rousey only wants the fight at 135 lbs and a perfectly legitimate reason that Cyborg wants no part of Rousey at any weight that removes her physical dominance.
Rousey is pretty physically dominant. She cuts a less than tiny amount of weight in her division, and if you compare her frame to her opponents she is built like a brick shithouse. Cyborg coming to her plays entirely into Ronda's hands, as it means a weaker, heavier post-cut Cyborg trying to brawl someone who cuts heavily but is comfortable at the weight already. Like, for the fight to not be heavily in Ronda's favor, Cyborg would have to be consistently cutting to that weight for at least a year and comfortable doing so. I think Cyborg is simply just too big to be in that conversation, honestly. Cyborg can be the best at 145 and Ronda is the best at 135, but that Superfight would not be interesting outside of being a spectacle.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
In related news, Mazzagatti continues his undefeated streak as the absolute worst referee in MMA.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know the context of what Turkey is talking about, but masculine is generally pejorative when you're using it to describe a fit female body. (or any female body, really).

Someone being hyper-fit doesn't make their body masculine, and Ronda definitely looks very feminine, even in the cage.

Jive Turkey

Karen
What? Ronda loves having a masculine body and says it's for a purpose.
"That's why I think it's hilarious when people say my body looks masculine or something like that. I'm just like listen, just because my body was developed for a purpose other than fucking millionaires doesn't mean it's masculine. I think it's femininely badass as fuck because there's not a single muscle on my body that isn't for a purpose because I'm not a do nothing bitch."

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Even so, she doesn't say it isn't fair. She justifies it. Ronda still looks like a model compared to Cyborg.