MMA Thread

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Zunox lagging anytime something big happens, any decent streams elsewhere?

edit - vipleague is decent

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Sigh. That knee KO was the best moment of the night and I missed it. Final fight wasn't even a title bout because both fighters missed weight the first time. Both fighters on the co-main had problems making weight too. What a joke.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Damn. Nick Diaz suspended for 5 years and fined 33% of his purse. NSAC is a bunch of fucking hacks.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Because the commission thought he and his lawyers were disrespectful. The lawyers for pointing out their flawed interpretation of their own rules, and Diaz for pleading the 5th.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
How fucking ridiculous. Can they actually enforce the fine? I mean they aren't the government, and they aren't a league like the NFL. So how do they actually force him to pay it?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Not sure. Either way the lawyers are appealing immediately and taking it to a real court.

On that note, can the NSAC enforce anything outside of Nevada? Could Nick still fight in international events? How about Brazil where there's no commission and the UFC is the one enforcing rules?

One extra shitty thing, choked up Nick a bit when he talked about it, is that he wont even be able to corner his brother's fights.

Edit - Some quick googling shows that the NSAC can't really enforce shit, but other commissions will not issue him licenses to fight since they are all on the same side. Not paying the fine, or fighting somewhere internationally, would basically end his career in the states. The fine would be applied the next time he submits for a license to fight. If he never fights again the fine wouldn't be enforced.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the info, Lenas. Hopefully a real court over turns it somehow (similar to the NFL stuff) and tells NSAC to go fuck themselves.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Not paying the fine, or fighting somewhere internationally, would basically end his career in the states. The fine would be applied the next time he submits for a license to fight. If he never fights again the fine wouldn't be enforced.
I feel like a 5 year suspension will pretty much end someone's career anyways so might as well take fights elsewhere if you can get em. What else are you gonna do, come back 5 years older against a bunch of new young talent and hope you can still keep up? I mean, I guess it's possible he could do the 5 years and still be relevant.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Another problem is that the UFC wouldn't want to get into hot water with the NSAC, regardless of what Dana says, so they would have to cut him from his contract or something.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Another problem is that the UFC wouldn't want to get into hot water with the NSAC, regardless of what Dana says, so they would have to cut him from his contract or something.
^^ This. Dana will shit talk the NSAC and Nick will almost certainly never fight again.