MMA Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watching Lion Fight from this weekend. Jo Nattawat and some Brit are fighting and Pat Miletich comments "These kicks are easily 170 miles an hour".

Sounds retarded so I googled. Can't find anything concrete on MT kick MPH, but there's a Fight Science video showing a TKD guy hitting 136 MPH. Which is of course kind of arbitrarily measured since there's no standard.

I come to the conclusion that his statement was indeed retarded.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
photo.jpg

edit: Unrelated to that, one of the first fights ended withan awesome spinning back elbow. The next fight ended withan even nastier spinning back elbow.

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Watching Lion Fight from this weekend. Jo Nattawat and some Brit are fighting and Pat Miletich comments "These kicks are easily 170 miles an hour".

Sounds retarded so I googled. Can't find anything concrete on MT kick MPH, but there's a Fight Science video showing a TKD guy hitting 136 MPH. Which is of course kind of arbitrarily measured since there's no standard.

I come to the conclusion that his statement was indeed retarded.
It's Pat and Muay Thai.... yes retarded. Every time I am in the corner I cringe a bit from thinking what he may be saying.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had to tap out on the last few seasons of Ultimate Fighter, but I am back and really enjoying this one.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Been trying to read up a little on the Sage Northcutt kid. Found this gem.
Seems like a nice kid, but dear god his dad certainly had a plan for him. Reminds me of a friend I had, and his parents just completely ran his fucking life. Seems like he is destined to not live up to the hype, hope he does though. Tejas represent!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He looks like a douche, and he seems like heshouldbe a douche, but most of what I've seen has him being crazy nice and polite and shit.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
They might just fast track that kid. Conor is gonna troll the shit out of him for sure. They'll fight if Conor is around long enough for him to come up in the ranks.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Going to Joe Rogan tonight at the House Blues & 192 tomorrow. Good times will be had, bros.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
God damn. Cormier looks drawn out as fuck at the weigh in. That weight cut doesn't look like it is good for him

Edit: Funny, and then he says it was the easiest weight cut ever. I don't know what it is, but he didn't look healthy. Something with his face