MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Would love to see which fucking retard threw a neg thinking Dan Henderson is a deserving nod at the Bisping fight.

Northcutt made $150k for his fight, guy needs to buy some dinners for whoever negotiated that contract. I'm not sure if Rory has ever made that much in his whole career haha.
You can see who leaves rep now. Go to your rep, click on settings in the upper right.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Would love to see which fucking retard threw a neg thinking Dan Henderson is a deserving nod at the Bisping fight.

Northcutt made $150k for his fight, guy needs to buy some dinners for whoever negotiated that contract. I'm not sure if Rory has ever made that much in his whole career haha.
7/10: Furious
7/12: Grumblethorn.

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord

went to neg you for this horseshit but apparently I already gave you a + for posting that price mistake on rise of tomb raider

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Whatever happens in 202, assuming McGregor does come back down to FW to defend the belt against Aldo, that rematch is something I'm looking forward to a lot more after watching Aldo handle Frankie so easily.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
went to neg you for this horseshit but apparently I already gave you a + for posting that price mistake on rise of tomb raider
I really could care less about negs & shit (poor choice of words on the original post), I was just legitimately curious who on this planet thought the Henderson fight was a fucking good idea. Maybe he can go fight Belfort & score that hat trick on head kick KOs.

Whatever happens in 202, assuming McGregor does come back down to FW to defend the belt against Aldo, that rematch is something I'm looking forward to a lot more after watching Aldo handle Frankie so easily.
Still think Conor works Aldo. He never really applies his ground game in an offensive manner. Conor is too strong and talented standing up. Styles make fights, and I think he wrecks Aldo again. Not that Aldo isn't a great fighter, but just a perfect match up for McGregor. If I am DFW, I would do whatever it would take to keep McGregor smashing the small guys. Keep the gravy train rolling forward, maybe slide McGregor an IV ban exemption so he can be less of a skeleton while trying to kill himself to make 145.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still think Conor works Aldo. He never really applies his ground game in an offensive manner. Conor is too strong and talented standing up. Styles make fights, and I think he wrecks Aldo again. Not that Aldo isn't a great fighter, but just a perfect match up for McGregor. If I am DFW, I would do whatever it would take to keep McGregor smashing the small guys. Keep the gravy train rolling forward, maybe slide McGregor an IV ban exemption so he can be less of a skeleton while trying to kill himself to make 145.
I don't completely think you're wrong, but I still think that fight would be a lot more exciting than the first go round. 13 seconds is a bit of a fluke, but I agree I think Conor has an edge against Aldo. Aldo actually fighting smart though and not letting his anger at Conor get the best of him could prove interesting though.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Regardless of whether Henderson was a good idea or fair or anything else, and assuming it does come to be...what happens? Does 46 year old (at time of fight) Hendo have a shot here? A real shot that is, not just a punchers chance at a 1 in 100 knock out.

Could you imagine how many heads would explode if Hendo manages to KO Bisping and if he did, would he immediately announce his retirement?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hendo always has a puncher's chance. The 1 in 100 stuff is silly.

Hendo win followed by retirement followed by elimination tourney style breakdown for a new champ would be fucking tits and in hindsight would totally make me fine with the fight happening in the first place.

Just going by thecurrentUFC rankings for an 8 man tourney.

rrr_img_136664.png

And just below them are Machida, Uriah Hall, Derek Brunson, and Tim Kennedy. Not to mention Yoel Romero out there somewhere, his suspension is up any day now and for once the "tainted supplement" excuse seemed to have some weight since they cut his suspension from 2 years to 6 months. And he's got wins over Jacare, Brunson, Machida, and Kennedy.

They could knock the whole thing out in 4events, or spread it out.

Thinking about these things always gets me pumped even though I know they'll never happen.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Regardless of whether Henderson was a good idea or fair or anything else, and assuming it does come to be...what happens? Does 46 year old (at time of fight) Hendo have a shot here? A real shot that is, not just a punchers chance at a 1 in 100 knock out.

Could you imagine how many heads would explode if Hendo manages to KO Bisping and if he did, would he immediately announce his retirement?
Since you mentioned heads exploding

296lwkh.gif

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
UFC on tonight. pretty good fight pass fights already.
This Fight Night may have been better than UFC 200. Some absolutely incredible fights in there. I have never heard of Lando Vannata before but this guy is incredible. I've never seen a fighter move like that, he flowed like water. And he is named Lando. His nickname should be Muad'Dib, he was bending like a reed in the wind, what a wild fight.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah he moved well until he was literally walking into punches with his hands at his hips

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah he moved well until he was literally walking into punches with his hands at his hips
yeah but give the guy a bit of a break, right? Never fought in the UFC before, takes a fight on two weeks notice, in the co-main event, against a likely future champion and look what happened. At least it got fight of the night and a 50k bonus out of it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Totally agree, am looking forward to his next one, just hope he has time to get in a bit better condition.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
How terribly unsurprising. Hunt was hollering about Lesnar juicing all the way leading up to the fight. Said it was bullshit that Lesnar got an exception to the 4 month rule, and he was right