marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Bullshit call. Nate beat him, Nate ended that fight with force

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Nate's fucking interviews.... lol.

Honestly I would have been down with the Draw there. 48-47, 47-47, 47-48.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
i had 2-3-5 for Nate, I'd be interested to see the actual judges cards.

Either way heck of a fight, Diaz boys always put on good ones, win or lose

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I actually picked Diaz to win, but I don't see how you guys can adamantly say Diaz won. I had 1,2,4 for Conor, with 2 being the question mark for me.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anybody who didn't think Connor would win the decision is nuts. Now they can drudge up a bunch of controversy and hype for part 3. This shit is like WWE.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
But no matter what, that was a great fight. I actually love the idea of a trilogy at 155. However, Conor has responsibilities to take care of at 145, and I think he should be forced to focus on that.

Ryanz

<Banned>
ROFL did anyone actually think the UFC wasn't going to milk this for a trilogy. I mean...they were talking about it before the fight even took place. Basically if fight goes to judges == Conor wins == profit.

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
I do not see how anybody gives the 2nd round to Nate. Conor knocked him down 3 times in that round. Conor pretty clearly won rounds 1,2,4. A couple flurries at the end of round 2 by Diaz does not give him the round after being knocked down 3 times.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Anybody who didn't think Connor would win the decision is nuts. Now they can drudge up a bunch of controversy and hype for part 3. This shit is like WWE.

This is mostly why I have decided to stop watching MMA, still tune in for big ones. These sort of battles don't need round limits, they need a winner that a judge(s) don't dicktate. Let them fight till they can not.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Every analyst I read gave 1,2, and 4 to Conor. Not sure how people think Diaz got robbed

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
My stream buffered past round 4, so I don't really have a say. I always thought the Diaz fight, with Conor carrying too much weight on that frame, was a stylistic suicide for Conor. Diaz is a fucking tank, and just doesn't wear. Dude was taking absolute bombs in that 1st round. If Conor is able to stay on his feet long enough to land those 1-2 combos off the jab to left hand, not many guys are going to take that. Then again a wrestle-fucking would not be surprising from a guy like Khabib etc.

Really would rather see him go back to 145 or 155 and fight other guys. Just happy it was a really good fight. Much better than that 200 abortion.

Last edited:

Ryanz

<Banned>
You guys are idiots if you think in ANY circumstance if it went to a decision they were going to give it to Diaz.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Win for Conor was deserved. Diaz turned it on at end of 2 but still got knocked down more than once that round so he lost it. Only round Diaz won for sure was 3. If Conor decided to GNP after one of those knockdowns he could have ended the fight. But he was scared of Nate's superior BJJ.

Trilogy fight at 155 will be interesting, Conor with more stamina and Nate weakened by the cut.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
And the UFC's accountant sided with you.
So you believe Diaz won? Care to say which rounds and explain why? I will easily give him 3 and 5. Not sure how anything outside of that is a given.