MMA Thread

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Alright, let's talk about another topic.

Who thinks Rumble has enough to KO DC this time around? Guy looks like an absolute monster!

Also, all in all that was a great card.

He could have done it the first time, its just how the big shot lands. Rumble landed flush on Glover's chin and killed him. He hit Daniel while Daniel was moving backwards and didn't land on the chin, and DC still flew 3 feet in the air like he got hit by a damn bus. Unfortunately the last thing Rumble is known for is impulse control, and he proceeded to empty the tank without securing a finish.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
There was nothing at stake to let them keep going, except Conor getting beat more than he was tonight.. I would say no judges and the 5th goes till someone wins is a better solution. You know like how the ucf started out. No rules, just win.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
FS1 just put up the numbers, Conor had more strikes in three of the rounds and had 3 or 4 knockdowns? Don't even know how the decision is up for debate.

For Rumble, I think he can knock out anyone including DC or JJ. Just depends if he can land that punch in the first few minutes.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
3 and 5, I totally agree. 2 he didn't run much, but it was clear that his gas tank was starting to fail him, and he didn't finish the round strong. However, he started it much stronger by putting Nate down a couple times. I just don't think that was enough to give it to Nate.
i thought round two was a coin flipper. I gave it to nate because he came closest to finish the round and controlled it for more than half the round.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I was rooting for Conor the entire time, but seems like folks had it closer than I thought everywhere I look. And it was close...regardless how needless it is to say, that was the best main event I've seen in a while.

As for Rumble...hell yea, he can knock both of those cats out. Will he though? DC would definitely be easier. He'll have to find the right spot on the right night to catch Jones though.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I had Conor winning 1 and 4. He ran so much in 2 3 5 it felt like i was watching machida.

Diaz did nothing to chase him down, though. He let Connor walk off and take 5-6 deep breaths, then come back and nail him in the face a few times. That's what cost him the fight. Had he kept up the pressure he probably would have won.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know how anyone can think Diaz won that fight. It wasn't a blow out, and Diaz certainly had his moments, but McGregor was just way more effective overall, with multiple knockdowns and multiple cuts.

I also don't know why people think Conor taking a step back and resetting is so bad. Other than showing he has shit stamina, Diaz let him do it, so why not? If anything it just showed how much control Conor had overall.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
XjNLzVu.jpg

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Even with me scoring it for Diaz, it's in no way a robbery . I can clearly see the other side.

Good fight, who really cares how is armchair analysts scored it.

Good card all around

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
The amount of punishment Diaz can take is staggering. The guys is a fucking beast. I wanted Diaz to win because I fucking hate mcgregors cocky attitude but I am game to see them go round 3. I think Connor needs to vacate the belt if he isn't going to go back to his weight anytime soon.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
all marketing, conspiracy and business aside, that was legit 2 dudes who don't like each other, beating the shit out of each other. it was great to watch.

over 5 rounds mcgregor got it, but if it went longer diaz would have ground him down like deadpool with that zamboni. mcgregors innards are just too small to carry that weight class.

boxing used to go to 120 rounds or whatever way back when, and dudes would just throw mashed hands at mashed heads for hours until someone went down with brain damage first. but good fighters now are expensive bits of kit, you can't have 10 round MMA like boxing because the damage taken is too great. look how fucked up diaz's head was after both fights.

you can't balance extending fights vs fighter survivability unless you went to heavier gloves to mitigate some of the damage to the cranium, but that would wreck grappling. 5 rounds for champions seems reasonable. unless you want to use drugs / genetic engineering. that would be awesome (ethics aside).

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The amount of punishment Diaz can take is staggering. The guys is a fucking beast. I wanted Diaz to win because I fucking hate mcgregors cocky attitude but I am game to see them go round 3. I think Connor needs to vacate the belt if he isn't going to go back to his weight anytime soon.
Dana said he's going back to 145 after this fight. We'll see

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Dana said he's going back to 145 after this fight. We'll see

Is this from the presser after the fight? Would like to see him fight other opponents.

Also the idea that Conor gets deducted from using some finesse and walking away from a larger man to reset/burn some time is fucking retarded, and you don't have a good comprehension of smart fighting. Conor knocked down Diaz 3 or 4 times on straight left-hands in the first two rounds. Even if you think this is some "conspiracy" there is nothing remotely surprising about this.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dana is right to demand that Conor either defends the FW belt at this point next or vacate it. He was going for the dual belts, then had Diaz slide in last minute, and lost. The rematch made sense (though it would have made more sense at 200), but at this point he can't hold up the FW division any longer. It's arguably already been way too long.

I was rooting for Conor, definitely want to see them do #3 and at 155 (that way it has some relevance to Nate's weight class and one that Conor wants to get into), but my first gut reaction after watching the fight was that Nate might have won it 3-2 or that it should have been a draw. Much like everyone else, it seemed clear to me that Conor won 1 and 4, and Nate won 3 and 5. 2 I was up in the air about, and can see it either way or as a draw. Realizing that Conor had 2 of his knockdowns of Nate in that round (for whatever reason I thought 2 were in Rd 1) makes me understand giving it to him a lot more. Realistically if you were going on total damage done to the other guy, Conor wins this fight easy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You knew if it went to the scorecards and was in any way close people would cry "fix" just knowing that everyone wins if Conor wins and they go to a trilogy. None of them have any legit arguments why Conor didn't actually win the fight, though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seriously. Every single person who posted about the fight being fixed is a colossal retard and you should be embarrassed that you posted something so fucking stupid.

That combo from Cerrone was probably the most beautiful 2 seconds of MMA I've seen in my entire life.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users