MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like Rory MacDonald is headed to Bellator.
Not that surprising really. Rory was approaching gatekeeper status at WW, and when that happens the UFC is fine with writing fighters off. It sucks, but pretty standard for the UFC. Queue Dana coming in with "He was an aging fighter who just didn't have it anymore. He was never going to be champion...blah blah blah" Even though Rory is only 27. It isn't a huge loss for the UFC, but I don't really see the big benefit to Bellator either. He isn't a huge draw by himself, and I am sure they are paying him a boatload of cash to come over.

And in the Diaz world
Nick Diaz -- Jumped in Las Vegas ... Huge Brawl Breaks Out

I am sure it went just as Nick said...

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I see it that same way. I'm kind of glad they are letting the gatekeepers go though. There are some that they are going to keep around, but you can almost see who they are going to let go and who they aren't at this point. The heavyweights are the ones they will hold onto the most because the division is so shallow.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nelson is 8-9 in the UFC, and has lost 6 of his last 8 fights hahah. Rory was nowhere near that bad, there's just -nobody- in the HW division.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else excited that Carwin might return? I loved watching that dude fight.

Also, is the Michael Venom Page fight booked for November his last fight under Bellator? I'd love to see him and Wonderboy fight in the UFC.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
PVZ with one of the best kick knockouts ever. Well, followed up with g&p but it was a beauty.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Beautiful kick but you can really tell how much less relative power women have. She knocked her down and rocked her, but when Machida hit Couture with the same kick, Couture dropped like a sack of potatoes.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I dunno, he (probably) broke Olivera's ribs in the first found and definitely knocked him out for at least a second on the ground. Round two he struggled a bit cause of gas, but he got out of everything Olivera had to offer. Then he sinks the choke super fast in rd 3. I am impressed by Showtime today after his last few performances.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
He still does not do well against pressure fighters and that is what Oliveira took advantage of in the second. Push him up against the cage and he is susceptible to takedowns. However, Oliveira is super aggressive on the ground and Pettis was able to capitalize on that. Whereas Alvarez just sat in top control to ride out the rounds, which is the easy/smart way to beat Pettis. He doesn't look like he closed up any holes in his game (his TDD in the 1st 4 mins looked good, but then it fell apart), he was just the better fighter here.

Edit: I fucking love Condit, but he has some of the absolute worst TDD in the world cause he is so willing to fight off his back and I think Maia may just smother him here. Maia doesn't have a great gas tank, but its just so easy to get Condit to the ground I am not sure it will matter.

Last edited:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Was at my newphew's birthday party so missed all the fights, looks like there were some good ones. Condit vs Maia should be good as well. I think Condit will get the decision win.