MMA Thread

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
That fight was a stylistic nightmare for Condit, all Maia knows how to do is grapple and Condit loves to get taken down. I think he can beat Woodley, I also think Woodley can blast him into another universe, so we shall see.

Apparently Wonderboy goes first though..... hrm, Wonderboy has really good TDD, not sure on that one.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Maia has taken 13 strikes in his last four fights and has three submissions plus a performance bonus. Probably another bonus from tonight.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
What is irrational about it? The dude is probably the most one dimensional fighter in the entire organization.

But he is so damn good at it that he has earned a title shot. There have been plenty of throwback grappler only fighters in the UFC, and they usually don't make it past low to mid unranked. Maia makes it work and taps guys out at the very highest level. That deserves some admiration. Not everyone can go from BJJ only like RDA and become a well rounded fighter. I am sure you have seen some of the infamous K1 Maia bouts at Middleweight. They were god fucking awful, and I am glad he has chosen to just say fuck it and stick to what he does best, because he is a grappling wizard.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fuck Maia and fuck anyone whose forum name starts with cyru and thinks Maia should get a titleshot!!!

• 2Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was blown away that so many people had Condit winning this fight, esp pros like DC and Cruz etc. Condit's TDD isn't that great and while he is definitely no slouch off his back Maia is just a different beast on the ground. I don't think Maia should get next title shot, that should be Wonderboy, but it leaves me wondering who's left for Maia. I would say Lawler would be a good choice cause he does have really good TDD but if he happens to go down it's gg.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good night of fights. Main event sucked. I love Condit but he should hang them up. His heart is not there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I will try and find links later but some news I just heard about. DC says he will never fight Jones because "he can't be trusted". While I agree DC has some legitimate complaints, I am not sure that is the reason he won't fight him.

Diaz vs GSP at UFC 206 in Toronto is a possibility according to GSP himself.

And a very interesting statistic on Maia. "Demian Maia has only absorbed 13 significant strikes in his last four fights"

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I will try and find links later but some news I just heard about. DC says he will never fight Jones because "he can't be trusted". While I agree DC has some legitimate complaints, I am not sure that is the reason he won't fight him.
I looked around and it seems more like Cormier saying that Jones needs to start at the bottom and work his way back up instead of coming right back into the mix, and that he doesn't want to fight him anytime soon and that he just doesn't trust Jones.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
fuck jones for wasting a perfectly good card, peoples time. The son of a bitch has a history of being a bitch and backing out of fights or fucking them up.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I looked around and it seems more like Cormier saying that Jones needs to start at the bottom and work his way back up instead of coming right back into the mix, and that he doesn't want to fight him anytime soon and that he just doesn't trust Jones.
As it should have been from the get go.