MMA Thread

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Is Aldo the only fighter to get two championships he didn't have to fight for? 145 interim doesn't make any god damn sense when Aldo is healthy.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
It is literally a promotional tactic. You can't have a UFC PPV without a title fight or some super legends fight with Brock or GSP or Anderson (or Welterweight McGregor lololol) at the helm.

Edit: That Whitaker v Brunson fight was fucking wild and amazing.

Last edited:

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't think it is even that. After fighting at 155 and 170, you know he doesn't want to make that weight cut to 145 anymore. He is very large for the division, and I credit him for never missing weight, but he looked like a damn zombie every time he weighed in.

This. Kavanagh has remarked how tough that cut is, and frankly he did sort of "kill" that division of everyone but Frankie head to head. I'd love to see a rematch with Aldo as well, but would have to happen at 155. Also Holloway had been calling out Aldo for awhile now so if he wins the interim belt, you can set up a pretty good fight for FW belt now. Definitely one I want to see.

Fedor

<Banned>
A look at the injury rates of MMA’s major fight camps

BESSSSST.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Now hearing Khabib wants to fight Ferguson in March...although for "interim" LW title. No need for yet another interim belt, fuck it'll only have been 4 months since Conor won it by that point...but we'll get to see the fight that should have happened twice already, Conor gets his break, and if the fight happens in March, the winner will still have a couple months to rest and train up for the eventual fight with Conor after his baby break. Works out perfectly.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
yeah i want to see if khabib can string some top wins together in the division before he gets a shot. he talks alot but has yet to put together a championship caliber contender win streak. his standup looked liked utter dogshit last fight.

Merrith

Ferguson calling Khabib a whiney little bitch. This shit all sets up perfect. Conor taking a break for his kid until after May...relinquishes FW belt, Aldo gets it...Holloway has been calling him out for awhile now, let him and Pettis fight to see who fights Aldo next. Khabib/Ferguson in March.

Aldo now also saying he wants to fight Conor at 155 after he "defends his" FW belt against Pettis/Holloway winner. I thought he turned down fighting Conor at 155 at 196 after RDA pulled?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, he really doesn't even look healthy at 145 when you look at this

View attachment 100179

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they make some changes as to how early the fighters can weigh in, thus allowing more time for rehydration. I am pretty sure I heard Rogan talking about that & I think he specifically cited how much better Connor looked.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they make some changes as to how early the fighters can weigh in, thus allowing more time for rehydration. I am pretty sure I heard Rogan talking about that & I think he specifically cited how much better Connor looked.
They weigh in officially in the morning now. The weigh ins that you see on fight pass are just for show.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
HOLY SHIT! GERALD HARRIS JUST KO'D VIA AARON COBB BODY SLAM!

What a way to close the doors for Legacy.

Last edited:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
UFC still laying people off. Matt Hughes and Chuck Lidell both fired.

And WTF is Maynard doing? Dude needs to call it quits

Oh, also this chick is kinda hot

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
HOLY SHIT! GERALD HARRIS JUST KO'D VIA AARON COBB BODY SLAM!

What a way to close the doors for Legacy.

That was pretty sweet.

On a side note... does that guy have tons of K1 experience? He didn't drop 10 hammer fists after the body slam...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users