MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Got some cliffs notes there, or is it actually worth it to listen to all hour and 45 minutes?

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Man this is why I love Conor. Regardless what you think of his antics and shit talking the mother fucker fights more often than any other champ, fights banged up and doesn't make excuses and puts on a good fucking show each time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Man this is why I love Conor. Regardless what you think of his antics and shit talking the mother fucker fights more often than any other champ, fights banged up and doesn't make excuses and puts on a good fucking show each time.

This is why I don't get the bitching on some sites. About the FW belt I totally understand, but you have nerds bitching he's ducking people at LW when he's held the belt for less than 2 weeks. People crying that Khabib is active as shit saying he's fought twice in the last 7 months, while Conor has 4 fights in the last 11, in 3 different weight classes with 2 world title matches.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
On a random featherweight related note. It looks like the fight on 206 between Pettis and Holloway will be for the Interim FW Championship... which is currently held by Aldo. Which points towards them stripping McGregor and giving Aldo the full belt back. The reasoning for this? A number one contender's match between Pettis/Holloway doesn't help sell a PPV, and with Cormier/Johnson off the card, they can't really expect to have a PPV without a title fight (or at least a fake one).

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
the pettis/hollway fight is hollow as fuck. Neither one of them winning sets them up as a legitimate contender to conor.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I think what we all want is Pettis to fight a quality striker and make some noise again. Honestly surprised that they haven't scrapped that PPV yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh, kind of lame, really wanted him to defend a shot at each title to prove he's the champ while holding both. But since he's taking 6~ months off, I guess it makes sense. And it keeps 206 from becoming a complete waste of time.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I don't think it is even that. After fighting at 155 and 170, you know he doesn't want to make that weight cut to 145 anymore. He is very large for the division, and I credit him for never missing weight, but he looked like a damn zombie every time he weighed in.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, he really doesn't even look healthy at 145 when you look at this

Conor-McGregor-145-vs-168.jpg