MMA Thread

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Haha wasn't Bisping just ranting about a month ago cause GSP didn't want to fight in July and he wanted to, talking about how he's the champ and calls all the shots and if GSP wasn't gonna fight then he'd just fight Romero in July instead? Then Dana pulls the GSP fight off the table and says Romero is next and now Bisping is too injured to fight and wants to wait for GSP? Looks like his bluff backfired big time and hopefully Dana sticks to his guns and still makes Bisping fight Romero even if it's November like GSP wanted. Then GSP can go back to WW where he belongs or if he really wants to go ahead and cut to LW.

Edit: Didn't even read article before I posted but yeah, it has a link to Bisping's rant in there already lol.
Midnight Mania! Bisping Threatens To Revoke GSP’s Title Shot

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yup, the whole thing is a sham. Bisping knows Romero will take that belt away, and of course he would like to get that fat paycheck from fighting GSP first.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Just went to Sherdog to check the fight lineup tonight and figured out that it is not airing live. The fights have all ended, so don't go to any MMA websites if you don't want to know the results.

Shano

Lol @ Daley calling out Page after gettin his ass kicked and then trying to brawl with him in the crowd. Needed to steal Rory's thunder somehow I guess. What a chump glad Rory kicked his ass, and if he fights Page I hope he flying knees Daley's head off.

Edit: Also Liam McGeary is someone I thought had potential to be a real LHW bad ass a couple years ago, but hasn't looked so hot recently.. Didn't know who his opponent was but looked em up at and he's pretty legit so w/e I guess.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I made up the first part of this post cause I confused Vassel with Carmont (who is garbage). Vassel avenged his loss to Newton, and otherwise has only lost to King Mo in Bellator, so not bad I guess.

I think the Phil Davis fight took some time off McGeary though, he looked much better before that fight happend. Oh well. Can't say I am looking forward to a rematch between Bader and Davis in Bellator though, that fight was bad enough the first time.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I too thought McGeary was going to be a real contender at 205 and eventually jump over to the UFC...not so much anymore.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Shano

Dana White: Romero-Whittaker interim title fight possible

Le sigh. Another interim title. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing Romero and Whittaker but still.. and unless it was a typo it says
As for GSP’s future, White relayed that "[St-Pierre] says he will fight whoever the 170-pound champion is when he comes back."

If that's true though then whatever. Bisping gonna have to fight Romero or Whittaker and GSP goes back to 170 where he belongs.

Shano

Also in other news, it looks Garbrandt might be to injured to fight Dillashaw in July so now Dillashaw wants to drop down and fight DJ for 125 lb title. Though DJ doesn't seem to keen on the idea, saying it wouldn't be a super fight since Dillashaw isn't the champ and shouldn't jump the line cause a lot of other flyweights are on better winning streaks and have worked hard to climb up the ladder (Lol. What flyweights? He's beaten pretty much everyone). Honestly, and as much as I think Mighty Mouse is a total bad ass, I think he's just worried that TJ could actually beat him and he wouldn't break Anderson's record. Have to agree with TJ on this one

No one wants to see him fight someone he's beaten or never heard of to break the record. He's the pound-for-pound king so let's make this interesting

Or they could just do another interim title fight at 135. Interim titles for everyone!

Shano

There is only one right now if I'm not mistaken and it's because Conor held up 2 divisions with never defending.
1 at FW, was about to be 1 at LW till Khabib ate to much cake, Jon Jones had 1 before popping dick pills and now 1 MW. With this trend if Garbrandt doesn't fight and DJ turns down fight, they'll probably make a Bantamweight interim as well :p

edit: Now that I think about it that's probably what they would do. TJ vs MM for interim BW belt, if MM wins goes back down to FW to fight whoever he hasn't beat yet and break Anderson's record then back up to BW to fight Garbrandt lol.

Last edited:

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1 at FW, was about to be 1 at LW till Khabib ate to much cake, Jon Jones had 1 before popping dick pills and now 1 MW. With this trend if Garbrandt doesn't fight and DJ turns down fight, they'll probably make a Bantamweight interim as well :p

edit: Now that I think about it that's probably what they would do. TJ vs MM for interim BW belt, if MM wins goes back down to FW to fight whoever he hasn't beat yet and break Anderson's record then back up to BW to fight Garbrandt lol.

Ya definitely seems like they give them out like candy these days.

What they (UFC) should do is strip any champ that doesn't defend against #1 contender within 6 months. If the champ wants a pay fight, he can have that as long as he fights a #1 every 6 months.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah all they really need to do is establish some rules by which Interim belts are fought for. Instead they just seem to give them out whenever they feel like it.