MMA Thread

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure where people are getting this he looked terrible shit from. He was owning the exchanges. It's Stipe's job to cut the ring or punish him for sprint resetting. He dropped him and made a bad call on the Guillotine and paid for it.
He lacked confidence, kept his hands down and threw a bunch of hail marys (IIRC). He looked much better and way more confident when he fought against Hunt but had IV controversy.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He lacked confidence, kept his hands down and threw a bunch of hail marys (IIRC). He looked much better and way more confident when he fought against Hunt but had IV controversy.

i think overreem was being dumb, it started WAY Back in

overreem v. jds - reem won cuz he took to JW strats

however it was then

overreem v. arlovski - JW chose to corner their vet arlovski and overreem got someone from amsterdam

then i guess since overreem won he chose to go with that same team in

overreem v. stipe - had that stupid running away strat and got, got

then he went back with JW in

overreem v. hunt

Overreem is a clear example of a fighting retard, on his own he fucks up, he's better at just going on autopilot and listening to what JW tells him to do in the ring.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
i think overreem was being dumb, it started WAY Back in

overreem v. jds - reem won cuz he took to JW strats

however it was then

overreem v. arlovski - JW chose to corner their vet arlovski and overreem got someone from amsterdam

then i guess since overreem won he chose to go with that same team in

overreem v. stipe - had that stupid running away strat and got, got

then he went back with JW in

overreem v. hunt

Overreem is a clear example of a fighting retard, on his own he fucks up, he's better at just going on autopilot and listening to what JW tells him to do in the ring.

Except he spends the majority of his training and strategy with his non Jackson Winkeljohn team.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He could make 25 million and retire off that. I highly doubt UFC is getting 3/4 cut off the fight though, and I would imagine it's the other way around with UFC getting a 1/4 cut and Conor getting the rest of the money. If I was him I would retire because any other fight after this is not worth the brain damage.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
He could make 25 million can retire off that. I highly doubt UFC is getting 3/4 cut of the fight. I would imagine it's the other way around. If I was him I would retire because it is not worth the brain damage.
Without the UFC Conor would not have had the power to negotiate with Mayweather. If he's been training and fighting in Aug, no reason to not do 1 last fight in Nov/Dec and make 3 million + PPV. That's not chump change by any means even if he makes 100 million. If he defends his title, he can retire at the height of his career and be forever immortalized (defeated Aldo/Holloway, moves up one weight class and wins LW title, fight Mayweather in boxing, then defends his LW title against Khabib). No one can avenge their losses and he'll be GOAT in UFC lore. It could also be why Conor wanted a rematch against Nate so badly.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
"Sources" say McGregor's purse is $127MM, of which he'll take home at least $75MM. That doesn't include whatever percentage of the gate or PPV buys he'll get. He'll walk with 5-10x more than his biggest payday in the UFC. There's no way he's going back there.

The Estimated Purses For Floyd Mayweather Vs. Conor McGregor Fight Are Staggering
He will make close to 10 million for his fight in Nov/Dec even if he loses. You don't stop padding your pockets with millions after you reach a certain point. That's how people get rich, and stay rich (incidentally, like Mayweather).

• 1Solidarity

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
And also don't forget, Conor loves to spend money as well. So I suppose that is all the more reason for him to keep fighting.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He will make close to 10 million for his fight in Nov/Dec even if he loses. You don't stop padding your pockets with millions after you reach a certain point. That's how people get rich, and stay rich (incidentally, like Mayweather).

Exactly I think he planned to get out at one point after he got rich, but now he is seeking wealth . He wants his entire bloodline set for life.

So you better believe he is going to be knocking people out in the UFC again. Mass consumerism aside, he wants to make a mark and leave a legacy. The 2014 tweet was small-minded Conor. Its a different level of beast now that its been fed the limelight.

Short of a string of embarrassing losses-- he isn't going anywhere.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
He's not going to stop making money, sure, but with $100MM capital and a *huge* personal brand I don't think he's going to want to get punched in the face to do it. McGregor doesn't talk about it a lot, but he's very concerned about brain trauma. He was present at an event where one of his training partners basically killed a guy in the process of getting a TKO, and in the rare moments when he stops being CONOR MCGREGOR he'll admit to wanting to stop fighting as soon as he can. He'll move to acting and/or business and/or whatever and do quite well there.

He wants his entire bloodline set for life.

Pretty sure a nine-figure bank account qualifies.

• 1Like

Goatface

th

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone paying $50 for the Bellator event tomorrow? I'm probably just gonna try to find a stream.

Nope, I will be streaming it through MMA-TV. I don't understand why at this point everyone doesn't just get a sub for it. Between watching all the fights and all the NFL games I want, the $50 bucks per year or whatever I throw at them is well worth it.

OMFG Johny Hendricks missed weight...AT MIDDLEWEIGHT! ROFL!!!

JFC, that dude has really come crashing down to earth.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Bader vs Davis about to start on the Bellator card.

I find it pretty funny that they have 3 belts on the line tonight, yet somehow Silva vs Sonnen is the headline

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I'm watching it now, I'm actually... kinda thinking this won't be a a bad watch? Don't attack me folks but umm, doesn't look horrific for not being a UFC promotion. The Davis vs Bader alone should make this a fun watch.