MMA Thread

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't see how anything short of 2 years is possible.

Without them using the "fact" that he was "mostly clean"-- I didn't see how either.

But then I remembered the CSAC could have FULL jurisdiction on this matter, being that its a fight week test. It may have even been administered by the CSAC on behalf of USADA. Regardless, the CSAC did announce when this happened that they are taking jurisdiction.

Its at least 50/50 custody between the CSAC and USADA.

"Mostly clean" (passed 95% of tests essentially, fight camp tested clean) being silently considered behind closed doors is about all he has going for him. And that is most definitely something the CSAC can do without looking poorly, as long as Jones brings a great defense.

Overeem has done it. It can be done. Its been done. Granted it was the NSAC I believe in Overeem's case, it was still an example of how the process can go even when caught red handed. The NSAC said they accepted the fact Overeem fucked up and said they wished him well in his fight career. It was the biggest jerkoff fest anyone had ever seen. Go watch that hearing. Overeem's defense was terrible and his doctor he brought to testify has a conviction for felony domestic battery and may not have been licensed in Texas, and is a Mexican national to boot. The doctor testified he told him to inject a testosterone solution for backpain.

If that circus can get a pat on the back and a handshake from the Commission-- anything is possible. Again, this is assuming the CSAC is going to take full jurisdiction and in the event that the UFC is going to cosign the full jurisdiction going to CSAC.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Someone said earlier based on PPV trends the UFC will eventually be repurchased for a fraction of its WME-IMG cost by the Fertittas bros.

Inclined to agree based on how this Conor thing is playing out.

Goatface

he has a lot of follow ups on this, but i don't know how to link to show that
link to twitter

Dana has been saying they are working on a deal with Conor to get fight before the end of the year.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Probably because he saw just how much extra money Mayweather made off being his own promoter for the fight, and wants into those free extra millions for just doing what he already does.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I only run in tech circles when it comes to contracts, so if he doesn't have a non compete clause in his contract more power to him.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He's going to try and break from the UFC and do his own PPV matches. I'm sure his UFC contract says otherwise though.

The new Ali Act says the UFC contracts are mostly illegal, its just about how fast/if Congress is going to move on the proposed legislation.

Alternatively, he can use the existing Ali Act and argue before a judge the merits of why the Ali Act was intended to apply to combat sports, and that "boxing" is also something he is under contract for in the UFC because they want his boxing skills more than anything else. And that therefore its a boxing contract disguised with word games. And that his services in the UFC are largely a "boxing spectacle being solely promoted by the UFC" A judge can be swayed its just all about which judge you get and what lawyers you got.

I'm sure Lorenzo's attorneys are guiding him very well.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dana has been saying they are working on a deal with Conor to get fight before the end of the year.

They need him on that New Years card. It sounds like the opponent is no issue and not a problem, its just Conor. So I wonder if its Nate?

Tony seems more likely. Despite what people think, I believe Tony is the safer fight on short notice.

Last edited:

Goatface

conor vs anyone would do like 1mil buys
vs nate with enough hype could 1.5+ again

217 is a stacked card and seems like it should be huge
but GSP never had a 1mi buys and Bisping doesn't seem like much of draw
don't think Cody or TJ have huge bases yet

-
anyway, looks like everyone made weight
sure i will go to bed disappointed
picking GSP, Cody, Rose, Johnny

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bisping is a gatekeeper at best but he's an active fighter and a lot bigger than GSP. It's hard for me to imagine GSP winning.

• 2Barf
Reactions: 1 users

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
How is Bisping a gatekeeper when he has the most wins in the UFC and holds the belt?
Be active and fight mostly cans. How many legit top 5s has he beaten? Exactly 1, which is Luke Rockhold. He won via decision against a 41 year old Silva and 46 year old Henderson (last 2 out of 3 fights). I don't think anyone in their right mind would bet on Bisping against the current top 5.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
i'll be watching illegitimately because GSP. If it was Bisbing vs whothefuckever I could give 2 shits

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
i'll be watching illegitimately because GSP. If it was Bisbing vs whothefuckever I could give 2 shits

Just hoping he's still on top of his game. Will be such a downer waiting for his return for so long just to watch him if look old and a shadow of his former self

Last edited: