jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
MIESHA 3.jpg

Miesha tate.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah that's the .gif up there in all its jiggly glory lol. Caraway was definitely a lucky dweeb at one point!

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
People keep saying Jones is the greatest talent ever when he's failed 2/3 drug tests post USADA. The question is, when did he start using steroid? If he's been a long time steroid user then he's not the greatest athlete ever. People keep saying shit like "steroid doesn't give you fight IQ so he's the greatest fighter regardless." No bitch, steroid gives users physical ability that goes beyond what is achievable through normal means. Fight IQ means shit when you can just keep pummeling your opponent in the 5th round. Just look how hard fighters like Hendricks and Belfort fell after USADA. Jones just never had a long enough career off the juice for everyone to see how hard he falls.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He is probably the best fighter ever in the same way Barry Bonds is the best baseball player ever.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
He is probably the best fighter ever in the same way Barry Bonds is the best baseball player ever.
Well yes and no. Bonds actually holds the MLB records, while Jones never actually got there. Sure Bonds has an asterisk next to it in people's minds, but in the record books it is there.

• 1Picard

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
People keep saying Jones is the greatest talent ever when he's failed 2/3 drug tests post USADA. The question is, when did he start using steroid? If he's been a long time steroid user then he's not the greatest athlete ever. People keep saying shit like "steroid doesn't give you fight IQ so he's the greatest fighter regardless." No bitch, steroid gives users physical ability that goes beyond what is achievable through normal means. Fight IQ means shit when you can just keep pummeling your opponent in the 5th round. Just look how hard fighters like Hendricks and Belfort fell after USADA. Jones just never had a long enough career off the juice for everyone to see how hard he falls.

Worse than just strength I'm afraid. That is the oldschool WWE NFL stereotype from the 1980's media.

We are finding out much more than strength. Remember those kicks Belfort was landing? That is called spatial reasoning. Remember the MLB record breaking? Strength yes, but they were also more accurate than ever before.

We are talking about deadly accuracy being an effect of steroid abuse.

The relationship between testosterone levels and cognitive ability patterns. - PubMed - NCBI

Relationship of androgens to spatial performance.

A curvilinear relationship between testosterone and spatial cognition in humans: Possible influence of hand preference - ScienceDirect

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Also, just simply being able to train more. In the BJJ world, where I know several top-tier competitors, steroid abuse is rampant simply for the ability to recovery quickly from general wear and tear. If you can train 3-4x per day vs your opponent's 2x, or once + conditioning, that's a huge advantage.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I just cracked myself up by suddenly realizing that steroids give you actual "fight IQ".

I didn't make the connection with the phrase + spatial reasoning until now.

• 1Worf

Goatface

Saturday's Fight Night is in Poland.
all on Fight Pass

Prelims

11:30AM/8:30AM ETPT
Main Card
3PM/12PM ETPT

Goatface

USADA statement on Antonio Nogueira

October 19, 2017

The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Antonio Rogerio Nogueira of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an out-of-competition sample collected on September 27, 2017. Due to the proximity of Nogueira’s upcoming scheduled bout at UFC FIGHT NIGHT: LAWLER vs. DOS ANJOS in Winnipeg, Canada on December 16, 2017 against Jared Cannonier, Nogueira has been removed from the card and the UFC is currently seeking a replacement.

• 2Worf
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
UFC is going to regret this whole USADA deal soon...

They aren't going to have any fighters left.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't know when the USADA contract is up, they keep that private due to the nature of the deal which is supposed to be for moral reasons. All we really know is that it was inked by Lorenzo in July 2016. Maybe the details of the deal are listed in that article....yeah, I think I remember some hard details on the deal being publicized.

So while there is no such thing as a "we resigned with USADA" press release coming, I still bet the terms are in the original article from July 2016.

They could technically neuter it somehow when the deal comes up, but not with the USADA organization. They would need to switch to VADA, go to VADA and say look, this is what we need to make this program work better. They would need to manufacture a problem to throw dirt on USADA so they could justify jettisoning it....huge stretch, but with billions at stake anything is possible.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
UFC FIGHT NIGHT: LAWLER vs. DOS ANJOS
Oh shit, they made the fight, this is going to be awesome!!!

don't really give a shit about big nog, old fools can just fade away like the cheating brazillians they are.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users