MMA Thread

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
im sorry next time i will just say "nate diaz is a cock for trying to hit gsp 3 times after the round"

sorry master of the internet, cause him being a BIG black man is totally irrelevant, to what came after.

do you forgive me?

Fedor

<Banned>
Exclusive: Georges St-Pierre To Play A Heavy in "Captain America: The Winter Solider"

pierre-batroc.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If GSP only speaks in french I'm sure it will.. SHIELD... me from what I assume is bad acting.

My jokes are better than GSP's acting. Hopefully GSP can throw a few good kicks on screen.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am nominating this season of The Ultimate Fighter as a top 3 ever. The fights have been spectacular. The directing/producing/show-running has been as good as it has ever been. The fighters are top-notch, both in their skill but also in their interviews/storylines. Chael also gets a nod for one of the best coaches the show has seen.

I think half the guys on the cast should be in the UFC full time and could have great careers.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I am nominating this season of The Ultimate Fighter as a top 3 ever. The fights have been spectacular. The directing/producing/show-running has been as good as it has ever been. The fighters are top-notch, both in their skill but also in their interviews/storylines. Chael also gets a nod for one of the best coaches the show has seen.

I think half the guys on the cast should be in the UFC full time and could have great careers.
I couldn't agree more! My fiancee has picked up watching the show with me and she said, "After Chael is done fighting he should really retire as a fulltime coach".

Going into the season I was a huge fan of Jones but thus far I've not been impressed with his coaching. That might just be because he's constantly overshadowed by the amazing work and motivation Chael has for his team.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Jones is far better than any other coach I've seen recently not named Chael. Nelson couldn't even be bothered to setup matches during the prelims.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • Worst Coaches: Rampage, Roy, Koscheck, and Brock"WE MAKIN CHICKEN SALAD INTO CHICKIN SHIT!"
  • Best Coaches: Chael, JDS, Nogueira, Rich Franklin, and Rashad
  • Honorable Mention Nods: Mayhem, Faber, Tito, Forrest, Serra, Hughes, Jon Jones, and Couture
  • Biggest Douche Coach: Bisping

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Douche doesn't mean bad coach. He made his guys work hard and he seemed to care a lot about how his training worked. Stark contrast to Rampage who knows he is only there for entertainment purposes.

I hate the whole Rousey circus hype bullshit, but I am genuinely curious to see how a coach with serious judo chops teaches. You get wrestlers and strikers and BJJ guys, but all these guys have worked those techniques for years before going on the show. Judo will be somewhat of a twist.

I agree this season has been really good BTW. Almost no drama, lots of good fights. I called Hall or McDaniel at the start just based on name recognition. At least one of them is going out=P Really pulling for the Dylan dude now. Too bad Luke couldn't impose his will at all there, but great fight.

edit: One of the coolest flying armbars I have seen.

last edit:Joe Rogan did an AMA yesterday. I haven't read it or anything, just thought someone else might want to.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
  • Worst Coaches: Rampage, Roy, Koscheck, and Brock"WE MAKIN CHICKEN SALAD INTO CHICKIN SHIT!"
  • Best Coaches: Chael, JDS, Nogueira, Rich Franklin, and Rashad
  • Honorable Mention Nods: Mayhem, Faber, Tito, Forrest, Serra, Hughes, Jon Jones, and Couture
  • Biggest Douche Coach: Bisping
Brock wasn't amazing and had some interesting phrases but I don't know if I'd put him in the same league of bad as Rampage. He DID teach his guys something at least. Not sure I could say that about Rampage.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This week's Bellator was pretty GD great. Waaaaay better than last week. Plus it had this entrance from David 'The Caveman' Rickels.

751125258.gif

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I really need to make a point to start watching Bellator. I always mean to and then forget. Maybe I shall set my Tivo to start recording it.