MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He complained about his pay (UFC gave him a slight contract bump after Khabib fight) and said he would only do morning weigh-ins ("because I signed a contract with morning weigh-ins, not afternoon weigh-ins").

Also Al being Al. This is why the dude has fought 3 times in the last 5 years.
didn't they also ban any bonus' he'd get cuz of that hotel trashing?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
didn't they also ban any bonus' he'd get cuz of that hotel trashing?

He verbally trashed the UFC more than once since 2015. He was known for being very outspoken.

There was a VERY major trash talking incident I believe as early as last year where he called Dana White a bunch of names on the Ariel Helwani show. Like it was really bad. He really went nuts and the fact Ariel gives fighters a platform to go nuts like that is another reason he's banned from holding an anchor position on a network.

Maybe something went sideways with the contract, but I doubt that. More likely is (knowing Al and watching his tantrums over the years) is he felt "not enough respect" for stepping up to Khabib. He has said since 2015 that he wants a discreditionary bonus since he's not getting the fight bonuses for some reason, so he "expects" a lockerroom bonus. He has held that position for quite a while.

Is he wrong? Probably not all that wrong. UFC treats fighters like shit and the pay sucks. Al Laquinta's contract was laughable for being a top prospect. Losing him is a huge blow to the UFC.

99.9% positive its another Mitrione situation. Laquinta and Mitrione just wanted a 25k-50k check cut on top of his additional for the year. JewFC couldn't hack it. Losing exciting talent early over paltry sums. Just UFC things.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He verbally trashed the UFC more than once since 2015. He was known for being very outspoken.

There was a VERY major trash talking incident I believe as early as last year where he called Dana White a bunch of names on the Ariel Helwani show. Like it was really bad. He really went nuts and the fact Ariel gives fighters a platform to go nuts like that is another reason he's banned from holding an anchor position on a network.

Maybe something went sideways with the contract, but I doubt that. More likely is (knowing Al and watching his tantrums over the years) is he felt "not enough respect" for stepping up to Khabib. He has said since 2015 that he wants a discreditionary bonus since he's not getting the fight bonuses for some reason, so he "expects" a lockerroom bonus. He has held that position for quite a while.

Is he wrong? Probably not all that wrong. UFC treats fighters like shit and the pay sucks. Al Laquinta's contract was laughable for being a top prospect. Losing him is a huge blow to the UFC.

99.9% positive its another Mitrione situation. Laquinta and Mitrione just wanted a 25k-50k check cut on top of his additional for the year. JewFC couldn't hack it. Losing exciting talent early over paltry sums. Just UFC things.
I think Mitrione said Lorenzo couldn't give Mitrione what he wanted cuz of the buyout, cuz his contract was up during that time.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
[DELETED]​
You’re the bitch you’ll fight anyone for anything. Brain dead and broke in 2 years​
— Al Iaquinta (@ALIAQUINTA) June 28, 2018

I guess the UFC "backed out" on him.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Bellator 201 fight night weights: Nine fighters come in 10 percent or more above weight class

Don't care much about these fights, but CSAC found 9 fighters more than 10% over their weigh-in weight for fight-night. One dude was even above 15% over.

Best part:
CSAC executive officer Andy Foster told MMA Fighting on Friday that he plans on making fight-night weights public moving forward.

Not sure it has teeth, because
Per rules that were passed last year, CSAC can recommend any fighter who comes in over that 10-percent mark on fight night to move up to the next division.
their recommendations are meaningless.

Illinois has some weight rules on the books they clearly aren't following with UFC (notably title fighters must not be +10 pounds for fight night and if you watched UFC225 you know what I mean). Next UFC event in CA is 227 booked for August 4th and I don't see any red flags for who's on that card.

Will be interesting to see things develop with/from CSAC.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
UFC to sponsor Outsports LGBTQ Pride March contingent in New York
Three UFC fighters will join Outsports for the March — Tecia Torres, Nina Ansaroff and Sijara Eubanks, who are all openly LGBTQ. Ansaroff is currently dating UFC women’s bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes, while Torres’ fiancee, Raquel Pennington, is also a top contender in the UFC.
Who are these 3 bitches?

wtf is this siara eubanks, she was 2-2 in invicta and somehow she got signed to the ufc?

do they hate Nunes that much? shes the only gay that matters.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Who are these 3 bitches?

wtf is this siara eubanks, she was 2-2 in invicta and somehow she got signed to the ufc?

Tecia and Sijara are 115'ers from last season's TUF if I recall. The division only has like 10 women so it's not very deep and most have only fought once or maybe twice in UFC so they haven't begun to cut the losers yet.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm guessing Nunes just doesn't give a shit about a pride march, which is why they got her girlfriend to go instead.
Naw i think it's the continued WME disrespect Nunes gets cuz she's not the "correct" looking gay.

I mean 2 gays nunes and pennington just had a championship fight and no one gave a shit, so they ask their bitches to attend a parade.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For a second, I thought the UFC were the ones putting on the fight, but it is De La Hoya and Golden Boy.

zero-fucks-given-smoking-baby.jpg

• 1Worf

Goatface

only good thing i can think of, don't think Tito can hurt him

-

apparently Al Iaquinta is now saying he was/is hurt and still in the ufc

-
Derrick Lewis 'Nervous' To Impress Ronda Rousey: 'She Might Be Watching'

"I already sent her flowers," Lewis joked about Rousey's Hall of Fame induction. "You're trying to distract me. I've got to fight extra hard, she might go to the fight. She might be watching. Now I'm nervous."

he also says been training more, was 30 mins a day, now 2-3 hours
walks around at 280, but hopes to be 250 for the fight

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Man I hope Lewis wins that one.

Kimbo Slice biopic apparently has some guy from Black Panther cast as him.

Lastly, it's been a slow week for MMA. I really hope that Israel Adesanya worked on some of his flaws that were exposed in his last fight. He's fun to watch, but not so much when dude can't defend a takedown from an unranked opponent.

Remember that there are UFC fights on Friday and Saturday this week!

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Any highlights for Friday that I'm overlooking? TUF night with a bunch of inexperienced women's 115'ers doesn't look too compelling...

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

No fucking way Ferguson can be ready to fight by October. That would be an insane turnaround