MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
UFC226:
HeavyweightStipe Miocic (c)vs.Daniel Cormier (c-LHW)[a]
FeatherweightMax Holloway (c)vs.Brian Ortegahttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_226#cite_note-14
HeavyweightFrancis Ngannouvs.Derrick Lewis
LightweightMichael Chiesavs.Anthony Pettis
Light HeavyweightGökhan Sakivs.Khalil Rountree Jr.
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
MiddleweightUriah Hallvs.Paulo Costa
WelterweightPaul Feldervs.Mike Perry
BantamweightRaphael Assunçãovs.Rob Font
WelterweightCurtis Millendervs.Max Griffin

Put on a show Perry
Uriah had some pretty bad KO's recently
Saki gonna get destroyed, he had a godsaving overhand right his first match vs Silva
Chiesa gonna rip apart aging Pettis
I hope they throw down, i don't want to see black beast lay and pray or just lay on Ngannou
I think Ortega has gone through more than Holloway has bested, even tho Holloway has been on a 5year win streak,
Stipe is the odds fav to win, everyone wants DC to win, so he can face Jon Jones3 or Brock

I don't think DC has anything for Stipe, but i don't think Stipe can put DC down, i mean he was eating Rumble bombs for a few rounds.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Coworker flew to Vegas last night. Hes got 7th row seats for this tonight.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
UFC226:
HeavyweightStipe Miocic (c)vs.Daniel Cormier (c-LHW)[a]
FeatherweightMax Holloway (c)vs.Brian Ortega
HeavyweightFrancis Ngannouvs.Derrick Lewis
LightweightMichael Chiesavs.Anthony Pettis
Light HeavyweightGökhan Sakivs.Khalil Rountree Jr.
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
MiddleweightUriah Hallvs.Paulo Costa
WelterweightPaul Feldervs.Mike Perry
BantamweightRaphael Assunçãovs.Rob Font
WelterweightCurtis Millendervs.Max Griffin

Put on a show Perry
Uriah had some pretty bad KO's recently
Saki gonna get destroyed, he had a godsaving overhand right his first match vs Silva
Chiesa gonna rip apart aging Pettis
I hope they throw down, i don't want to see black beast lay and pray or just lay on Ngannou
I think Ortega has gone through more than Holloway has bested, even tho Holloway has been on a 5year win streak,
Stipe is the odds fav to win, everyone wants DC to win, so he can face Jon Jones3 or Brock

I don't think DC has anything for Stipe, but i don't think Stipe can put DC down, i mean he was eating Rumble bombs for a few rounds.

He wont put DC down. DC has fought some of the most dangerous strikers in the UFC. So we can say for certain that Stipe's punch game is neutralized. DC has elite level striking experience and elite level striking victories.

DC can grind a decision out. Stipe is a lankier heavyweight. Ngannou was gassed and barely resisting Stipe's TDs, so you can't go off that. "Oh man he took down Ngannou a bunch of times, he's strong as fuck". Wrong. Ngannou fell over a bunch of times. DC is an actual wrestler. Ngannou is just some dude.

DC should manhandle the fuck out of him. I see it as an easy win for DC. I'm pulling for Stipe to catch him and get the upset and send the crowd into a frenzy, but my pick is DC via what DC does best.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He wont put DC down. DC has fought some of the most dangerous strikers in the UFC. So we can say for certain that Stipe's punch game is neutralized. DC has elite level striking experience and elite level striking victories.

DC can grind a decision out. Stipe is a lankier heavyweight. Ngannou was gassed and barely resisting Stipe's TDs, so you can't go off that. "Oh man he took down Ngannou a bunch of times, he's strong as fuck". Wrong. Ngannou fell over a bunch of times. DC is an actual wrestler. Ngannou is just some dude.

DC should manhandle the fuck out of him. I see it as an easy win for DC. I'm pulling for Stipe to catch him and get the upset and send the crowd into a frenzy, but my pick is DC via what DC does best.
Well aside from Nganou, Stipe has slept everyone in the past 5 years, even Mark Hunt!

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Dude tried to make a crazy stupid weight cut three months ago. Related issue!

Will T-City get a chance for an interim belt before re-booking Max?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It'll be nice when Conor is finally back so we have a guy who doesn't miss fights. Mainly tongue in cheek but god damn so many good fights getting fucked up lately.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Someone call up Frankie for Ortega and make it an interim fight!, it'd be Frankie v. Ortega 2, Frankie lives in Jersey, he probably sweat out all his fat already from the heat wave!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Never fails. Huge card with a lot of hype, someone has to pull out for some reason.

Hope he is okay

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Never fails. Huge card with a lot of hype, someone has to pull out for some reason.

Hope he is okay
Ortega is fucked, no replacement.

Feelz bad for Ortega, this is the SECOND time for him, the first time was asshole Conner and the dolly

does he look fucked?

Goatface

any idea what happens if it is an out of the ring concussion?

for what i can tell medical suspensions for concussions are all over the place from hard 30-180 days to until cleared by a doctor.

Ortega is fucked, no replacement.

couple of places are saying Ortega refused a replacement, saying he will wait for Max

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Matt Serra really rubbed me the wrong way on the season of TUF that he coached opposite Matt Hughes. He was just so obsessed with Hughes being an asshole that it got tiresome listening to him.

However, after watching him on the Looking for a Fighter series on Youtube, I really like the guy. Seems like a good dude.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Halloway looked and sounded autistic in that video.

The fact the UFC even published that shit as hype material is sad. The guy is obviously fucked, something is wrong, the UFC has a huge weight cutting problem right now.

They either need to dump all kinds of resources into weight cutting awareness and management, with company sponsored outlets and resources for fighters to utilize during camp.

Or they restructure the weight classes and add divisions.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

UFC still hasn't made a statement about Max.

the odds surprised me a little
-235 Stipe vs +200 DC
-355 Ngannou vs Lewis +290