MMA Thread

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Swimmers carry a lot more fat (and muscle) than other endurance athletes (e.g., runners, swimmers). Fat is buoyant in water.

Lochte has always been on the "big" side, but even at the Olympics he doesn't stand out for his size.

ryan-lochte-michael-phelps-shirtless-zoom-b9dfc4d9-f9c2-4da4-8ecf-981891207abb.jpg

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lochte has a touch of that tism.

Low brain function, needs more oxygen.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

heard a couple of people on sports talk saying, was some sort of misunderstanding about when could get an iv
don't that is what he claimed as not seen his statements on the issue but the usada page is pretty clear on about every possible iv issue

this is where he went too
Revival IV Lounge in Gainesville, Fla.
https://www.revivalivlounge.com/vitamin-drips

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Doesn't he have a bad neck? WWE would seem less likely than a UFC return.

Leaning towards cross-promotion-- maybe throwing some bones to WWE for the Brock deal.

Goatface

he has said the neck-back-etc are all better

in dec, said he wanted to fight this month at ufc226 and hinted that he was open to come back as a LHW
apparently dana wanted him to fight DC at some point and they both said no
so sorta of an odd spot right now

jon jones could be back soon (next week will be 1 year) and he talked about moving to HW
to that could be interesting.

---
after his last fight, he should be happy to fight anywhere
but still funny

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
heard a couple of people on sports talk saying, was some sort of misunderstanding about when could get an iv
don't that is what he claimed as not seen his statements on the issue but the usada page is pretty clear on about every possible iv issue

this is where he went too
Revival IV Lounge in Gainesville, Fla.
https://www.revivalivlounge.com/vitamin-drips
it's fucking clear as day
  • IV infusions during home visits, urgent care or after-hours clinics, boutique IV and rehydration services, and doctor’s office visits are not hospital admissions and would require an approved TUE in advance.

that place sounds like a boutique IV place to me, jeez it's not hard athletes, unless you're fucking dying and have like 2 doctors jabbing you full of needles, you're fucked

heck remember when bj came back and was like "man i'm old, and about to die, lemme get sum of this IV"

SIX MONTH BAN!!!

Goatface

Conor got 5 days community service and has to pay for the bus

apparently a deal is close with Khabib for Oct

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Won't believe it until they are standing in the octagon.

After Khabib pulls from the fight due to weight cutting problems, Ferguson will trip over a chair and injure himself as he's being announced as the replacement.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

they should book every ranked LW that night
series of crazy events latter, Conor vs Raging Al......

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Haven't posted in a while, but Brookilyn Wren definitely has my stamp of approval as one of the Octagon Girls.

Outside of that, I am looking forward to the fights tomorrow night. It seems like it's been a while since some legitimate fights went down on FOX during the main card. The undercard is pretty meh to me, but the 4 fights they have lined up for the main card are pretty nice. Aubin-Mercier vs. Hernandez is some A-1 matchmaking. I'm going with Poirier, Aldo (couldn't be less confident with this pick), JJ, and Aubin-Mercier tomorrow night.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Aldo iced him with a brutal, digging hook to the midsection.

It wasnt a winding, or looping hook or telegraphed liver shot, it was the second punch of a two punch combo that landed right above Stephens' belly button.

It was like a body uppercut, but at a slight angle. Beautiful body work.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Good win for Aldo, but wtf was with the crying after he won? Was he just so relieved to get back in the win column?

You would think he just won the title with the way he reacted.

Jozu

I wondered the same thing about Aldo's post fight reaction. But after thinking about it I think he was happy because he was hurt and survived. He probably thought he was going to get stopped again.

• 1Like

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
My buddy and I noticed that he was fighting very flat footed. Not sure if that's how he always fights but it looked like it was giving him problems initially.