MMA Thread

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Too many champs are more interested in winning than being flashy/popular. Stipe is a glaring example––he basically refused to hype himself and his fights––but he's not alone.

Guys like Cowboy (or Diaz) are popular and brawlers but their style doesn't win consistently.

Then there's the other problem where wrestling is boring AF to watch and a lot of the best fighters right now are wrestlers.

Till is a guy the UFC can't want to succeed... Dude nearly died on his last weight cut, came in overweight, and went on to a homer decision in his backyard against an American with a torn MCL (or was it ACL?). He's too big for 170 and doesn't have a sustainable career there unless he makes major changes.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Guys like Woodley are why the PPV model won't sustain.

He's capable of big things but just consistently fights smart now. I guess theres the buy factor to see him eventually lose.
he calls joe rogan racist for saying he has "explosive twitch muscle", now that he's champ he actually stops exploding

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It has been so long since Shogun looked good. Smith KO's and retires Rashad, now (hopefully) Shogun. What other old washed up guys are there at 205 that he can retire next? Machida?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It has been so long since Shogun looked good. Smith KO's and retires Rashad, now (hopefully) Shogun. What other old washed up guys are there at 205 that he can retire next? Machida?
Machida just signed with Bellator. Plus he had been fighting at 185 his past several fights

Goatface

What other old washed up guys are there at 205 that he can retire next?

i would say Little Nog, but he has a fight upcoming with sam alvey in sept.

he could/should fight Glover Teixeira next, he should drop in the ranking this week

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
At least we are spared from having to watch DC/Shogun, that would have been brutal.

• 1Like

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
LOL Darren Till getting a title shot, and Colby getting stripped right before the fight at UFC 228. Till is coming in overweight for fucking sure and it's going to be spectacular.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Colby wins interim title at UFC 225. Is stripped before UFC 227 – publicly he's not injured, not complaining about pay, etc. Till is not deserving and has to lose another pound. Of course, Woodley will get extra pay and his belt won't be on the line even if he loses.

Meanwhile Romero also not moving up to LHW.

I'd love to see Romero and Till fight at Staples just to see their weights on fight night exposed for all to see.

Goatface

"Covington was unable to fight on that date after having surgery on Tuesday to correct a nasal issue"

i just hope if Till misses weight, Woodley refuses to fight

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
There's zero downside for Woodley refusing the fight vs an overweight Till.

If he wins, he shuts Till up. He gets some of Till's purse (plus his champ show money/PPV points/etc), maintains his belt, and he's onto the next challenger.

If he loses, he's still the champ and got PAID (see the recent Ortega fight where the UFC originally paid him nothing after Max dropped out with a few days to go).

Worst case for Woodley is cashing a big check in a loss, maintaining his belt, and a forced rematch vs Till. Best case he moves on extra rich.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Tyron Woodley vs. Darren Till title fight headlines UFC 228, Colby Covington to be stripped (updated)

fucking hell, colby really is stripped? thats some bullshit

he's not fucking jose aldo dropping pee, he's pretty active up until now
50d7f6702ce5411135c1223ce88e1686.png

2/3x a year i would consider avg to above average

If Cowboy is the undisputed poster child for most active fighter
8136730af4dc26db68c068db5b0b62f1.png

with a consistent 4 fights a year, then Colby has more than fullfilled any criteria.

This Darren Till bullshit is just UFC wanting to throw some young bucks at woodly and get rid of him and also trying to add more worthless brits to the lineup since wimp ass bisping retired.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wait a minute hold up
ed345f7de52cc7ba25ecaf8d31069536.png

what kind of whack ass rankings are these?
How the fuck is wonderboy 4, how is he lower than RDA? how the fuck is Till higher than anyone in the top 7?

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I don't even know. Shit sounds like stupid UFC drama. I'm also drinking, so ignore me, or make a compelling argument as to why this isn't fucking retarded

Colby just seems like a bitch. Mad props to Cerrone

Goatface

what kind of whack ass rankings are these?
How the fuck is wonderboy 4, how is he lower than RDA? how the fuck is Till higher than anyone in the top 7?

Cerrone (6) vs Till (unranked)
TIll enters at 8
Till (8) vs Thompson (1)
Till to up 2, RDA to 1 and Colby down to 4
RDA vs Colby
Colby up to 1, RDA down to 3 and Thompson to 4

--

Cerrone talking about he wants to fight 5 more years to age 40
like the guy, but he seems to be missing that spark now

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
not mma related, but swimming, this guy is banned for 14 months olympics use USADA, and this retard posted this
ryan-lochte-instagram-photo.jpg

now who in mma don't know the super basic rules of USADA? christ

also that guy is a fucking swimmer? shit he could be Light heavy weight, da fuck, does he sink?