MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
cliffs? any takeaways?
Early on it seemed like the usual Conor shit. Although I think he was seriously pissed that he didn't have the crowd to feed off of. It didn't appear that Khabib was bothered by any of the shit talking, but who knows, he could have just been playing it cool.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
it felt like it jumped the shark to me. Afterwards I kind of wanted that 30m of my life back

I don't doubt that a crowd would have helped. But it reminds me of TV Comedies needing a laugh track; if you watch one w/o the backing laughter, it's just completely banal.

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Conor had his whiskey and two belts.

I thought Khabib was winning the mental warfare game but I think Conor may have the upper hand after today.

--

Conor's new contract is for 6 fights, includes octagon branding for his whiskey label. Sounds like a win-win as UFC doesn't have to give out massive $$ but Conor gets a massive ad spot that would cost mega bucks; further, it's a genius incentive for Conor to keep fighting.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Conor's new contract is for 6 fights, includes octagon branding for his whiskey label. Sounds like a win-win as UFC doesn't have to give out massive $$ but Conor gets a massive ad spot that would cost mega bucks; further, it's a genius incentive for Conor to keep fighting.

That's good. He'll need some motivation after Khabib pounds his lifeless gassed carcass out.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That's good. He'll need some motivation after Khabib pounds his lifeless gassed carcass out.
So far while khabib has been dominant in pounding meat, it only lets him win on the scorecards.

I'd actually bet on connor, i'd say nate really humbled him, while his stand up is still tops and khabibs standup is laughable.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Why is O'Malley still in the prelims?

My most anticipated fights, in order:
Conor-Khabib
O'Malley-Quinonez
Tony-Pettis
Pettis-Formiga
Lewis-Volkov
OSP-Reyes

All these guys have a lot of risk here.

Sugar O'Malley and Tony returning from significant injuries. Will they be in top form?
Can Sergio Pettis keep his win streak alive and hope to compete against Mighty Mouse or could he be ready for a rematch vs Cejudo? Is he a top fighter or not?
The Black Beast has won 8 of his last 9 (lost vs Mark Hunt) – will he win back fans after his "performance" vs Ngannou and is he healthy?
Can OSP make one last run before he gets old or is Reyes the future? With DC retiring, 225 has a power vacuum.

We're still a ways out, but I'll make my picks:
Conor (KO)
O'Malley (KO)
Anthony Pettis (decision)
Formiga (submission)
Lewis (KO)
Reyes (KO)

Lots of killers on this card. Not many decisions.

• 1Like

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider

15FC4BE3-546D-45F8-A217-6C9C7CE10B58.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
Early on it seemed like the usual Conor shit. Although I think he was seriously pissed that he didn't have the crowd to feed off of. It didn't appear that Khabib was bothered by any of the shit talking, but who knows, he could have just been playing it cool.

It was the subtle trolling by Conor that I thought worked best. After the one reporter said "a salaam alaikum, Khabib. And congrats on the whiskey, Conor", then Khabib cuntily cut in with "you can't say a salaam alaikum and congratulations for whiskey", Conor must've said "the lord, Jesus Christ" about 3 or 4 times throughout the remainder of the press conference. He found Khabib's soft spot. Also lol at offering him a glass of whiskey

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

UFC welterweight champ Tyron Woodley sidelined by torn hand ligaments
The UFC welterweight champion told ESPN that he will have surgery on his right hand in two weeks and, according to his doctor, will be out between eight and 12 weeks.

"I dislocated my thumb in the [Darren Till] fight and by doing that I tore three ligaments," Woodley said. "They are doing a shoestring surgery to provide more stability for my hand and minimize the potential arthritis."

Woodley said the surgery is scheduled for mid-October

====

wonder if that mean they will give Colby his Interim belt back lol

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
UFC welterweight champ Tyron Woodley sidelined by torn hand ligaments
The UFC welterweight champion told ESPN that he will have surgery on his right hand in two weeks and, according to his doctor, will be out between eight and 12 weeks.

"I dislocated my thumb in the [Darren Till] fight and by doing that I tore three ligaments," Woodley said. "They are doing a shoestring surgery to provide more stability for my hand and minimize the potential arthritis."

Woodley said the surgery is scheduled for mid-October

====

wonder if that mean they will give Colby his Interim belt back lol

Who cares?

Champs fight 2-3x per year, not every 3 months.

Dude is still on pace for a Februaryish title defense.