MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

please bitch, jon jones (who i love watching fight) got off AGAIN, along w/ having having CM punk fail x2, and now you have that weird NFL wife beater coming in.

WHO CARES, if logan paul pulls in the "younger fans" fuck it, i say do it, cuz we all know UFC is no longer legitimate w/ this Jon Jones slap on the wrist.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Don't worry, it will happen once Dana White realizes how much money he can make. He has no room to talk after the whole CM Punk fiasco.

It will be a total fucking embarrassment if they allow that faggot to fight in the UFC though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
You'll note he didn't say "It will never happen," he just said Paul would get beaten down. Of fucking course he'd put on the fight if he thought he could make money.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Don't worry, it will happen once Dana White realizes how much money he can make. He has no room to talk after the whole CM Punk fiasco.

It will be a total fucking embarrassment if they allow that faggot to fight in the UFC though.

Unlike CM Punk I think Logan Paul could actually beat someone with a 0-0 record.

You'll note he didn't say "It will never happen," he just said Paul would get beaten down. Of fucking course he'd put on the fight if he thought he could make money.

Logan Paul's boxing PPV sold pretty well from my understanding.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Unlike CM Punk I think Logan Paul could actually beat someone with a 0-0 record.
23yr old youtube star didn't look bad fighting some other guy

i think he trained while vegan too

he's CONSTANTLY in popculture news, just this week an OG youtuber shane dawson released some months long expose on Logan Paul

why WOULDN'T you put him on USADA right now and put him in jack/wink and see how he does in 4months?

Do i care at all about him? no

Will he get undeserved attention? what like sage northcutt? Logan Paul is ripe to bring in the younger viewers, unless you want MMA to be like Boxing where only old foggies watch that boring shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I changed my mind, i'm going w/ Khabib now

why?

Herb Dean is ref'in the fight

remember CB dollaway

Herb is gonna let Conor get metoo'd

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Khabib is a monster, no doubt. His wrestling might be the best in the UFC. His cage generalship, ability to control his opponent, is incredible.

But Conor is a different motherfucker. I dont devalue him at all for being TKO'd by Floyd in a boxing match 10 rounds in. His stamina has alays been kind of questionable, but I bet he goes into this fight fresh, and has the endurance as well as the stamina to hang with Khabib for all 5 rounds.

Khabib on the other hand has had weight cutting issues in the past, and is now defending champion. He is no longer the under dog. He is the fucking champ, and if he has a hard time cutting weight and goes into that fight at anything less than 1000% I really do think Conor can fuck him up.

McGregor might be the best striker in the UFC. Its a fascinating fight, the best wrestler vs the best striker. The two biggest, most accomplished names in the entire sport at this point, at that weight class anyway. I think Conor wins by 2nd round TKO via punches. If he keeps that lead hand out, and loads up tight, quick bolo shots I can see Khabib getting bobble headed and falling face forward and getting hammer fisted out.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Remember about 6 or 7 years ago when it seemed like there was a sudden influx of wrestlers that would just smother out the most boring win you'd ever seen? I thought for sure that was going to destroy the sport. But what happened? Fights have gotten exciting again over the last little while. Did Dana just run that style out of the UFC?

(this is just something that occurred to me right now. I haven't put much thought into it)

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Dana is at least partially responsible for not signing + extending wrestle hugging winners. UFC made a choice to be exciting. See Ben Askren.

Goatface

don't see why they don't just add it.
they added Woman'sFW for just cyborg
would bet lot more guys would move to 165 than the 2ish WFW has lol

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
don't see why they don't just add it.
they added Woman'sFW for just cyborg
would bet lot more guys would move to 165 than the 2ish WFW has lol
yea but like WFW, Holly is the only true WFW, she regulary box'd between bw/fw. Theres also that tall monster Holly wrestled to death, but she's only a FW cuz of bone mass. Cyborg still has to cut like 35lbs to make weight even for WFW.