MMA Thread

Fedor

<Banned>
g841ty4561q11.gif

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So 2 things I noticed while watching those McGregor fights.
  1. Mendes was able to keep him down and control him fairly well. Khabib won't gas the way Mendes did, so I hope Conor has worked on his TD defense and bottom game
  2. LOL at Goldie. Literally 1 second before Conor tees off on Eddie to finish the fight, Goldie says "Alvarez getting loose now and getting better now in this round". I miss that guys terrible commentary
I really hope Khabib doesn't have any issues with making weight and nobody gets hurt!

Goatface

Dana White told Yahoo Sports on Wednesday that the pay-per-view for Saturday’s show at T-Mobile Arena that will be headlined by a lightweight title fight between champion Khabib Nurmagomedov and No. 1 contender Conor McGregor is trending to do three million buys.

White said all of the UFC’s internal metrics, including social engagement and traffic on its website, are blowing away any other MMA card they’ve done.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah should be fun having him piss hot again and have it still not be his fault for being a piece of shit cheater.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah should be fun having him piss hot again and have it still not be his fault for being a piece of shit cheater.

honestly if he don't learn how to cook his own damn food or hires a loyal chef and packs his own food for the remainder of his career, he's an idiot.

Hell, if i was just a basic scrub fighter in jack/winks gym and someone paid me a few thousand to sprinkle some rhoids in jones lunch box, i'd do it!

• 1Worf
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So 2 things I noticed while watching those McGregor fights.
  1. Mendes was able to keep him down and control him fairly well. Khabib won't gas the way Mendes did, so I hope Conor has worked on his TD defense and bottom game
  2. LOL at Goldie. Literally 1 second before Conor tees off on Eddie to finish the fight, Goldie says "Alvarez getting loose now and getting better now in this round". I miss that guys terrible commentary
I really hope Khabib doesn't have any issues with making weight and nobody gets hurt!

yea he's been wrestling coached non stop

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yea he's been wrestling coached non stop

Yeah, I'm sure he was coached on boxing non stop before the Mayweather fight too. Doesn't really matter much coaching and training he does, what matters is how well his sparring partner(s) measure up to Khabib.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I'm sure he was coached on boxing non stop before the Mayweather fight too. Doesn't really matter much coaching and training he does, what matters is how well his sparring partner(s) measure up to Khabib.

I'm going to guess he's been training on bettering his wrestling a lot longer than he did his boxing for the Mayweather fight. Also having to pure box against Floyd Mayweather isn't the same as trying to improve a weak area of his MMA game in a UFC fight against Khabib.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm going to guess he's been training on bettering his wrestling a lot longer than he did his boxing for the Mayweather fight. Also having to pure box against Floyd Mayweather isn't the same as trying to improve a weak area of his MMA game in a UFC fight against Khabib.

I admit that bringing up Mayweather was a bit of a false equivalence, but the point remains that the way Khabib manhandles people once he gets them down is absolutely unreal and there will be a very real limit to how much benefit training can be if you aren't training against someone who is comparable in ability to Khabib.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I am retarded, so I must defend my fellow low information and poor brain functioning brethren.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lets just all take a moment and be thankful they both made weight with no (seemingly) problems.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users