MMA Thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
it is slow, so much harder to find stuff. and almost every fighter's history i checked have at least 1 fight where the winner isn't marked

they also removed upcoming fights from a fighters page which really liked
They don't have Chuck around to keep their web devs honest anymore.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
I didn't have a chance to watch this one tonight but supposedly the ref asked Hooker at one point if he knew what year it was, he responded 2019 and the ref let him continue? Lol?

Really glad Al won, one of my fav dudes in the ufc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Holy fuck. When Barboza is on, he is maybe the most impressive striking specimen in the world. He has lost a few fights, got D'Arce choked by Tony Furgeson and RNC'd by Cowboy, and he lost to Khabib, (his loss to Lee was perhaps the most uninspiring performance, considering that Lee just lost to Al) but this was a great performance for him to get back in the W column.

What a devastating striker. He is like a destroyer when he gains confidence.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I didn't have a chance to watch this one tonight but supposedly the ref asked Hooker at one point if he knew what year it was, he responded 2019 and the ref let him continue? Lol?

Really glad Al won, one of my fav dudes in the ufc.
end of 2nd
shit i rewatched it, the fat doc? asked him where he at
ufc
where?
milwalkee
what year?
follow my finger
hows your knee

and he sent him out for another round of blood, lulz

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
end of 2nd
shit i rewatched it, the fat doc? asked him where he at
ufc
where?
milwalkee
what year?
follow my finger
hows your knee

and he sent him out for another round of blood, lulz

well some of the kicks from Barbosa looked strong enough to propel the dude forward in time so it may have just been 2019 from where he was sitting.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Holy fuck. When Barboza is on, he is maybe the most impressive striking specimen in the world. He has lost a few fights, got D'Arce choked by Tony Furgeson and RNC'd by Cowboy, and he lost to Khabib, (his loss to Lee was perhaps the most uninspiring performance, considering that Lee just lost to Al) but this was a great performance for him to get back in the W column.

He just can't fight wrestlers.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
old man mir taps to strikes, Legend like Mir can tap to strikes if he wants, ain't got nothing to prove.

But against this guy?

• 2Worf

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Barbosa is not even the most impressive striking specimen in Bellator.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
old man mir taps to strikes, Legend like Mir can tap to strikes if he wants, ain't got nothing to prove.

But against this guy?

Has to have been a broken jaw, he keeps reaching into his own mouth like something is wrong with his mouthpiece.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

But against this guy?

Even the ref couldn't believe it! Took him a verbal reminder.

Has to have been a broken jaw, he keeps reaching into his own mouth like something is wrong with his mouthpiece.

Someone in the room said his mouthpiece was on the floor. Replay of a huge shot seemed to show the mouthpiece being punched out of his mouth earlier.

But when he opened his mouth at the end there, something didn't look right. Chipped teeth/broke teeth was my immediate guess.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Internet is saying 'alveolar ridge fracture'. No idea what that is besides "mouth and teeth all fucked up", but after throwing that into GIS, tapping wasn't a bad idea.

EDIT: Who are our current forum medical officers? Kuriin Kuriin ?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Someone in the room said his mouthpiece was on the floor. Replay of a huge shot seemed to show the mouthpiece being punched out of his mouth earlier.

But when he opened his mouth at the end there, something didn't look right. Chipped teeth/broke teeth was my immediate guess.

Biker ref knew Mir musta had something fucked up in his jaw, since he picked up the guard and when Mir tapped, he said "keep it in" (looked like Mir wanted to pull a tooth out)

Goatface

one of the comments i read from Mir, said he thought it was loose tooth and wanted to pull it out, but that section of jaw all moved.

also on medical stuff
on the early prelims Juan Adams didn't know couldn't fight with contacts
said he eyes are both -270 with astigmatism
any idea how bad that is?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
one of the comments i read from Mir, said he thought it was loose tooth and wanted to pull it out, but that section of jaw all moved.

also on medical stuff

I wouldn't want to be a passenger in a car he was driving, but it's probably a minimal impairment inside a cage.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

also on medical stuff
200 is legally blind, 270 sounds like he can't see passed his nose, i had an albino friend super blind, w/ glasses, in order to read paper, he took off his glasses and put his good eye 1/2inch away and scanned it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
200 is legally blind, 270 sounds like he can't see passed his nose, i had an albino friend super blind, w/ glasses, in order to read paper, he took off his glasses and put his good eye 1/2inch away and scanned it.

You can't make out detail, you don't magically lose sight of anything that's more than a couple feet away you fucking mook.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like