MMA Thread

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pat Berry's punch was KO of the year for me. I don't think I have ever seen anyone get punched that hard before.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Looks like Vemola is out against Leben at 155 and Derek Brunson will be taking his place. Brunson was supposed to be on TUF but Showtime wouldn't let him out of his contract because they didn't know what was going to happen with their last Strikeforce card.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Robbie Lawler will be returning to the octagon at UFC 157 against Josh Koscheck.
Yeah and here's hoping it looks like Lawler/Trigg.

tumblr_m6vptwoF951ry1rm7o1_250.gif

tumblr_m6vptwoF951ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OK mofos, the 2013 pool starts with UFC 155 on December 29th. Here's the info.

================================================== ===============================

You've been invited to join an Sherdog MMA Pick 'Em pool by Grimmlokk. To join the pool:

1. Go tohttp://fantasy.sherdog.com/, and login or register.

2. Select 'Join a Private Pool' from the screen or go to Settings > Pools > Join a Private Pool and enter:

Name: Jayrebb2013

Password: reroll

================================================== ===============================

It's almost all UFC events. Was occasionally a big Strikeforce event but that's probably done with. It'severyUFC event. You will get e-mail reminders by default(I think, check your settings), this is good. Should just be 2 or 3 e-mails in the week leading up to the event.

For each fight you pick the winner, the method(KO/TKO, Sub, Decision), and the round(except with dec). Also whether you want to "Boost" that pick. You get 5-6 Boosts per event. A right boosted pick(just the right fighter) adds 100pts to your score. A wrong boosted pick gives you -50(normal wrong pick is just no points). You have to use all boosts.

Anyone in either of the older pools, you can leave them from your settings page. You don't have to, but if you don't want it cluttering up your pool listing or whatever.

I'll post links back to this post whenever I post here up until event time. Get up in mofos.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Any idea why our totals from the last pool carry over? Will the new year be fresh scores or do we need to leave the original pool for the clean slate?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmmm, it's showing points. What the fuck. Left all pools and rejoined it, the part where it said I had 1470pts cleared to 0 but the lifetime points thing is still there. Not totally sure how it's going to work. I'd say dump all pools and rejoin this one. I'll shoot an message their way to find out what's what.

edit: Aand my points from the last 3 are back. Meh, emailing now.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Love Pat Barry, whats the deal with that Gif, did he start crying again? Guy is so nice and emotional

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Ameraves is Jayrebb. Don't deny it.
I was going to call you crazy, but then I did a quick search for Jayrebb boss status to revel in the glory of that post, and there's this gold mine at the end.

THE REBB!_sl said:
Meanwhile Im sitting at boss status on this thread with serious MMA knowledge and commentary along with some fellow MMA elite such as Darph, araxen, homsar, haalen, andAmeraves.
Oh shit....any comment AmeREBB!?