MMA Thread

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
waterspray_ufc152.gif

waterspray_ufc152.gif

Kaosu

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just looked at the FX card.

Aussie George Sotiropoulos and Britain's Ross Pearson will headline the card in a five-round main event.The pair have been coaching opposite one another on the hit reality TV series The Ultimate Fighter: Smashes. [6] [7]

Kyle Noke was expected to face Seth Baczynski at the event. However, Noke was forced out of the bout with an injury and was replaced by Mike Pierce[8]

Anthony Perosh was expected to face Joey Beltran at the event. However, Perosh was forced from the bout with a toe injury and replaced by Igor Pokrajac.[9]

A bout between Ednaldo Oliveira and Krzysztof Soszynski was originally scheduled for this event.[10] However, Oliveira was forced out of the bout with an injury and Sosynski was pulled from the event as well.[11]

Eddie Mendez was expected to make his promotional debut at the event against Nick Penner. However, Mendez pulled out of the bout citing a shoulder injury and was replaced by fellow newcomer Cody Donovan.[12]

Hacran Dias was expected to face Chad Mendes at the event. However just days before the event, Dias pulled out of the bout citing a shoulder injury and was replaced by promotional newcomer Yaotzin Meza.[13]
Injuries ahoy!

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Looks like UFC 158 is headed to Montreal with GSP vs. Diaz headlining and a rematch of Condit vs. MacDonald. I think it'd be great to see another top level WW fight on there as well. In a perfect world, Hendricks vs. Marquardt would be awesome but I'm not sure if the timing of his last Strikeforce fight would allow for that. Hendricks vs. Ellenberger would be a good fight too. The last Montreal card was quite underwhelming talent-wise and crazy ridiculous ticket prices. Hopefully they do a better job of balancing this one.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Any idea if the fights from Australia will be on FX or Fuel TV earlier in the day tomorrow? The one from China came on at like 6 or 7am est last time and replayed later that night.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's listed as live starting on Fuel at 6pm, FX at 9. No idea why it's called live, should be happening right now I believe. 7pm Aussie time.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Decent show. Good for a TUF finale.

So, Sotiropoulis...BJJ expert. Palhares...BJJ expert. Both fighting strikers. Both just decide to stand and box. WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THESE GUYS?

Who was the last UFC champ that specialized in BJJ? Mir or Nog? Even BJ hasn't really used his BJJ in a long time. We get guys like Maia and the 2 guys mentioned before. They get hyped up by Joe, they get near a title, they get smashed and fade to mediocrity. Is everyone's BJJ just so good now that no one can truly dominate with it?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sots has decent technical boxing but not a good chin, and he has elite submissions. Why just stand? Pearson has power but it's not like he's Melvin Manhoef or something. Sots gets rocked a lot.

Also his nipples are too low.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
KO by motherfucking suplex, holy shit.

And two for two on bantamweight KOs tonight, so much for no power
tongue.png

tongue.png

tongue.png

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Missed the prelims. Any gif for suplex ko?

edit: nm caught it on the main card. thanks anyways fedor

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Fuck yeah Pat Barry, keeping the dream alive.

Edit: After watching that gif repeatedly, its amazing how hard Barry must hit. He is literally throwing himself off balance with his punches.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God that last right by Barry was insane. DelRosario's head almost ended up in the stands. Pat Barry is the bestest dude ever.

Good fights. I was actually kind of bummed Mitrione got KO'd. He may come off like an idiot but the guy improves wildly almost every fight. Sometimes it's just not enough.

158 is stacked at the top so far. GSP/Diaz, Condit/MacDonald, Hendricks/Ellenberger. Not a one of those I'm not dying to see.

I'll get the new picks pool up in the next few days and we'll spam it here enough to get everyone who wants in there in time for UFC155.