MMA Thread

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Joe Rogan has been coming off as an even bigger shill than normal during all this.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am posting this meme I found amusing from my phone

Screenshot_20181227-195109_Facebook.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Top comment from Reddit "And then in September the UFC announces that it will no longer publicly reveal drug test failures until cases are resolved."

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Haha, joe went HARD on promotion. After he'd finished saying "I don't know, lets talk to the science mans" about ten different ways him and Diaz spent a good 5 straight minutes talking about how awesome the event is.

I'd say the man knows who pays his bills. But I seriously doubt it's about money.

Joe wants to see some fights!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Going to be hilarious if the NSAC comes back and shits all over this. This UFC knows Jones will never ever fight again after this and are doing everything they can to get one last payday.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

PicoGATE. That should be trending on Twitter right now

Finally some real science.

I'll take that over *shudder* reddit wall of text about why this kid needs drugs in his system to be able to fight.

Nobody else has this problem in the UFC. Just Jon Jones.

Reminder, many athletes including champions have used and injected steroids under USADA and been busted and completed testing without any issues.

I have a quote from Jon Jones on Ariel Helwani's yesterday "The testing is catching up". That is something a doper says. He was doped in the first fight with Gus and his T/E ratio said it all pre-USADA. The NSAC was already on him back in 2011. If you remember correctly it was flagged as a suspicious sample via ratio, but they couldn't PROVE doping at the time.

To be fair to Jon Jones, Daniel Cormier also had a suspicious T/E ratio flagging but I'm not accusing him because hes never actually tested positive for a banned substance. Daniel's T/E ratio was less suspicious than Jon Jones ratio, from what I recall.

Yes Jon the testing has caught up.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Goatface

there is going to be UFC branded shit, just wait and see lol

also,. UFC signed new deal with USADA, testing to increase 35-40%

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Approved list of supplements?

Are people going to be using those supplements for the proscribed purpose, or as a shield for when they get caught?

JJ going to be like "I don't know how I got popped again, but I bet it's this approved supplement I'm taking"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like an easy revenue source for the company. Done right, it's a win-win, but everyone's right to be suspicious.

Extra testing of the supplements costs money. Extra care to reduce cross contamination costs money. For an elite athletes, they may be worth the cost of doing business. However these won't be sold to UFC fighters exclusively; these products will be sold at a high markup and marketed to the average PPV buyer.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen

PicoGATE. That should be trending on Twitter right now
This seems like an incredibly retarded way to explain it. why not "imagine a picogram of sperm falling into a supermassive black hole and getting stretched to 100000 MILES!"?
The table salt comparison is fine. It's a real world, tangible thing that people understand. Who care if it's dense? Do you think it it was half the density and they said to cut it into 20 million pieces, people would suddenly think it's a large quantity?

iannis

Musty Nester
I think what he's getting at is relative scale. The salt is bad, because it's not talking about the scale of a cell.

The stretching out dna is a weird tabgent, and also not great.

the point is, the amount is not trivial. It's just very very small.

He hasn't tripped any other test has he? It really could just be contamination.

the policy is still not great.