MMA Thread

Fedor

<Banned>

sarah-frota-brazil-contender-series-1.jpg

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
There are definitely times I wish we had the barf reaction available in this thread

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He was in a risky stance with his hands down and got tagged during a slow reaction. The standup in subsequent rounds was much more in Conor's favor. That doesn't qualify to my mind as being "outclassed". Caught? Sure.
actually no, i've watch a bit of conor, imo conor was gonna throw a straight left, sidestepping left and move back

no homo but look at his ass, he always terks it up when he does this move, it's actually pretty good at fooling distance, he just got a mad overhand right thrown at him, it's also why he got launched, his feet weren't planted

you see a bit of it here
conor-cross-into-lead-uppercut-cross.gif

he gets a lot of movement w/ that left
conor-off-beat-cross.gif

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
actually no

I'm not sure we're actually disagreeing, except over the label. He clearly got caught by a good shot. I'm not saying it was accidental. "Outclassed" is a different thing and requires consistent dominance, IMO, which Khabib didn't have on the feet.

And anyway, I'm not sure what cracking Conor says about Khabib's chances vs GSP.

Goatface

Khabib confirms UFC legend GSP is target for November fight
UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov says he is targeting a November showdown with MMA legend Georges St-Pierre at New York’s iconic Madison Square Garden, in what would be the Russian’s return fight after suspension.
Khabib’s immediate fighting career is on hold after he was slapped with a nine-month ban and $500,000 fine by the Nevada State Athletic Commission for the mass ruckus that followed his win over Irish megastar Conor McGregor at UFC 229 in Las Vegas in October.

As rumors abound over potential next fight paths for the undefeated Russian, the man himself has now stated firmly that he wants a match-up with Canadian great St-Pierre on a return to action in New York in November.

Speaking in a wide-ranging interview with Russian channel Match TV, Nurmagomedov named the man known as GSP as his desired opponent, despite the 37-year-old Canadian being at the tail-end of his career.

“He has one or two fights left… Georges St-Pierre is the greatest fighter ever to step in the octagon. That’s my opinion.

“I think he can drop to my weight [155lbs]. It would be interesting to fight him.

“My return will be planned for around November, in New York [in Madison Square Garden]. He’s fought there before, and there’s a big [Russian] diaspora."

===

would guess Vs GSP would do double the ppv buys as Vs Tony

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I was an advocate of GSP hanging it up and never stepping foot in the octagon ever again cause he has nothing to prove.

But Khabib vs GSP? yeah i'm in.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
UFC 234
MiddleweightRobert Whittaker (c)vs.Kelvin Gastelum[a]
MiddleweightIsrael Adesanyavs.Anderson Silva
BantamweightRani Yahyavs.Ricky Simon
Women's FlyweightMontana De La Rosavs.Nadia Kassem
Light HeavyweightJim Crutevs.Sam Alvey

honestly only fights to watch is wittaker v gastelum and stylebender vs. the spider.

with a bunch of nobodies on the entire card.

Gonna say whittaker will weather the whatever gastelum throws at him. Also i doubt gaastelums wrestling is even a threat towards someone that can survive fucking yoel romero for 10 rounds.

The Spider has been pretty horrible since he taunted Weidman, and with stylebender being hailed as the new silva with a 15win streak, i doubt anyone bets on dickpills man.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I may be on crack but I put $50 on Kelvin. 2:1 underdog and I just don't see that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I may be on crack but I put $50 on Kelvin. 2:1 underdog and I just don't see that.
he woulda had a punchers chance if the Champ didn't survive 50minutes with yoel fucking romero
ipvJhxj.gif

half of that time he was fighting him one handed cuz he said his face is like a brickwall and he broke his hand smashing it.

tumblr_osttmcLXq01u6fe5yo1_500.gif

still would not go down!

now he's just surviving!

christ, what hurt more, his fist or yoels face?
Whittaker-unpredictable.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

cowboycerrone
Good News @thenotoriousmma looks like we get to fight for 155 Interim Title 🇺🇸vs🇮🇪 @properwhiskey vs @budweiser

• 2Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
cowboycerrone
Good News @thenotoriousmma looks like we get to fight for 155 Interim Title 🇺🇸vs🇮🇪 @properwhiskey vs @budweiser
Conor had my ultimate respect moments after he derailed Jose Aldo's career and legacy. Since that time, he has does everything possible to lose it. It is hard to even get up for his fights now... BUT This Fight. This fucking fight has me hyped.

I may have to go out and buy a cowboy hat.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Conor had my ultimate respect moments after he derailed Jose Aldo's career and legacy. Since that time, he has does everything possible to lose it. It is hard to even get up for his fights now... BUT This Fight. This fucking fight has me hyped.

I may have to go out and buy a cowboy hat.
wait, you forget, somehow, he looked absolutely magically against eddie

Lenas

Trump's Staff
God damn I'm a sucker for Anderson. Win or lose tomorrow the feels will be real.

• 2Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait so Conor and Cowboy are jumping ahead of Ferguson for a title shot now? TFerg must be going apeshit.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Announced 25 min ago that Whitaker is OUT of his fight due to hernia.

I guess Spider just became the main event. Is normal.