MMA Thread

Goatface

Tony doesn't need to fight down, but think he needs at least 1 more fight before getting a title shot
plus he doesn't need to wait around for that long.
think he has said he only wants Conor or Khabib, but will probably be Al

Khabib's manager said next fight wouldn't be Tony
Khabib said he is open to it and he like to beat Tony and retire
also wants $4+m for his next fight, after UFC reportedly paid DC $4m for Lewis fight, doesn't seem out of the question
even if it isn't against Conor

UFC wants Conor/Khabib 2, and Conor with a belt is more money
Conor /Poirier 2 - what i think Dana was aiming for before Cowboy, it was an easy fight for Conor last time
Apparently Conor/Cowboy is more between them, rather than being pushed by UFC.
Conor brand needs a win

Dana doesn't seem to like Al at all, but he can hype

what i think will happen
Conor - Cowboy
Tony - Al
winner vs Conor (aug ish) interm belt
then winner vs Khabib at the end of the year

Love to see Cowboy win and throw a wrench into UFC's dreams

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
fuck this shit, ban all UFC events in vegas, we don't need this babysitter shit.

First the jones jones license bullshit, now this. fuck vegas, i don't even give 1% of a shit for Conors pre-school like ability to promo a fight, but thats his right.

I agree, Jon Jones getting his license was bullshit

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
tony v conor would be a better fight, cowboy historically melts under pressure.
Fake news, that was old Cowboy. Now we have motivated Dad Cowboy who can only be challenged physically by sea-level Cain.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
fuck this shit, ban all UFC events in vegas, we don't need this babysitter shit.

First the jones jones license bullshit, now this. fuck vegas, i don't even give 1% of a shit for Conors pre-school like ability to promo a fight, but thats his right.

Interesting how they wait until someone insults islam before making the rule. Fuck that

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Or that conor walks the line of actual hate speech and needs to learn that at some point it's too far? Nah better make it about your shit right?

• 3Picard
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 7 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Or that conor walks the line of actual hate speech and needs to learn that at some point it's too far? Nah better make it about your shit right?
Except there is no such thing as hate speech. Get out of here with that shit

I don't see how NSAC would even go about enforcing something like that.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That legit sounds like an Ali G interview.

trump-cohen.jpg

Goatface

wouldn't surprised the UFC hasn't said something to conor to be more mindful about what he says
dana already has a connection to Trump and sure there are a dozen leftist groups just waiting
to pounce.
lucky Cali hasn't moved to ban UFC just because trump watches it

with espn/the mouse's money involved sure they don't want a bunch of sjws marching around

a fighter could do 10 mins of catholic rape jokes, i wouldn't nor would most of the media/sjws care
but slip up and call a Hispanic a wetback and all hell would probably break loose

wonder how Conor-Cowboy hype is going to go, so far they have talked about drinking his whiskey and beer

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Conor has no in on cowboy

he's able to rag on khabib and his camel fucking
floyd and his grade school comprehension and women beat
forgot what he did to eddie but he melted like a bad jersey perm
aldo was obvious, shook him to his dumbass brazilian core he turned retard
siver he was calling a white racist

conor couldn't do shit to nate, a real shit talker that lives the life, hell i don't think nate even understood what was being said about him

and he can't do anything against cowboy either, his only card to play is "lets meet in the ring respectfully as warriors"

i hope they meet at 170, 155 cowboy looked like shit even tho he handled that young guy.

Goatface

“He’s going to have his suspension,” White said about Nurmagomedov when speaking to ESPN. “What I think needs to happen is Khabib versus Tony Ferguson, do Conor [McGregor] and ‘Cowboy’ [Donald Cerrone] and if they both come out of that, we do the rematch.”

--
Speaking at an event at the Canadian Museum of History, St-Pierre revealed his representatives have been trying to get him a fight with Nurmagomedov, but have so far turned up a blank.

"It's been a few months that my agents are in communication with the UFC to try to make a fight happen," he explained.

"It was against Khabib Nurmagomedov.

"I know Khabib wanted to fight me and I wanted to fight him. It's not about feeling, it's just about respect, and for me as an athlete, what drives me the most - what is the most exciting for an athlete in combat sports - is to be able to beat someone who seems invincible.

"That's the scariest thing to do, but it's also the most exciting thing to do [and] at the point that I am at in my career, to keep my motivation high, that's what I'm targeting."

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GSP jabs Khabib into next week. K's standup is not on the same level.
I would agree, but we just saw Khabib outclass Conor on the feet. It shocked me as much as anyone else but it happened. So who knows?

Stats | UFC

EDIT: And, I love that Dana wants to do Conor vs Cowboy. Then, Khabib vs Tony. And, let the winners fight after those two matches. I am 100% all in on this.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I would agree, but we just saw Khabib outclass Conor on the feet

I don't know if I'd say that. If you're talking about theknockdown in round 2, Conor has never had the best cardio and had spent the previous five minutes getting grapplefucked. He was in a risky stance with his hands down and got tagged during a slow reaction. The standup in subsequent rounds was much more in Conor's favor. That doesn't qualify to my mind as being "outclassed". Caught? Sure.

Either way, I don't think it speaks to how Khabib's strking measures to GSP.

• 1Like