MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It appears Conor went back to the Miami home where he was staying. The alleged victim subsequently filed a police report. Cops went to Conor's home and arrested him just before 6 PM ET.

Yea usually crimes, you'd be like "fuck, who was that"

guy went into a police station and went, "conor mcgregor UFC tap champ smashed my phone!"

Is he on probation for that New York thing? If so? His dumbass just violated it! Haha

luck of the irish, he has a leprechaun in his pocket
Whatever happens in this case, Conor has clearly dodged a bullet by just days. TMZ Sports broke the story -- Conor just completed his probation in the dolly attack case. He completed 5 days of community service at churches in Brooklyn as well as completing an anger management class. Had he violated probation, it would almost certainly mean significant time behind bars and possible deportation.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I haven't read the story or anything but if the fan was being an annoying fuck like paparazzi like to be then I don't really fault Conor for smashing the fucks phone. If it was just some dude minding his own business then that's a different story.

edit:

he allegedly smashed a fan's phone around 5 a.m. outside the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel, according to an arrest report. Police said the fan tried to take a picture of McGregor with his phone, and the fighter "slapped the victim's phone out of his hand, causing it to fall to the floor."

Yeah fuck that guy.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I haven't read the story or anything but if the fan was being an annoying fuck like paparazzi like to be then I don't really fault Conor for smashing the fucks phone. If it was just some dude minding his own business then that's a different story.

edit:

he allegedly smashed a fan's phone around 5 a.m. outside the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel, according to an arrest report. Police said the fan tried to take a picture of McGregor with his phone, and the fighter "slapped the victim's phone out of his hand, causing it to fall to the floor."

Yeah fuck that guy.
did you read passed that? he then stomped on the phone and took it with him, he stole

• 1Solidarity

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Hard to say what will happen here. DA could go hard because of his prior conviction for the bus dolly; dude now comes across as a repeat offender. That said, celebs do this shit all the time.

I'll guess he pays a fine + more community service/anger management type stuff, but he's nearing the end of his rope.

For his sake, I hope this is a wakeup call and he straightens his life out.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I hope this is a wakeup call and he straightens his life out.

Doubtful. Word is he spends his leisure time hanging out with gangsters and doing all the coke they can ship to Ireland, and there was some unconfirmed noise about his being investigated for assault and rape. Downward spiral, ho!

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Yeah there have been plenty of stories about his poor life choices, at least since the Floyd fight if not earlier.

This is a fairly minor incident, but he's looking at two convictions in the U.S. within a year as a foreigner. Dude is on thin ice now and if he gets in trouble for any of that mob shit here in the States they'll throw the goddamn book at him.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
did you read passed that? he then stomped on the phone and took it with him, he stole

Well yeah, and i'm not saying he didn't break the law. I'm just saying fuck the annoying cunt sitting outside his hotel room at 5am trying to get pics/video of him. I'm perfectly fine with those retards getting anything they get, whether it's run over by the celeb or their phone smashed and stolen or getting beaten unconscious.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
"hey guy who filed the police report, drop the charges and I'll give you $30,000"

That's witness tampering, and illegal. The victim can even be prosecuted for taking money to change their story after reporting. Whether or not charges are filed is up to the DA and not the victim.

In this case, it's going to depend on how big an ass McGregor was being and how much he annoyed the local authorities.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
New york was plead down to misdemeanor.

Strong arm robbery is a felony that can't be plead down based on the facts of the case. The charge would have to be dropped entirely.

Criminal mischief (stomping the phone) can perhaps be plead down from a felony.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Provided the DA prosecutes based on the facts of the case, and no miscarriage of justice takes place-- the McGregor era is finally over.

Crab dance, esketit.

• 1Seriously?

Goatface

didn't a rapper or nba player get busted for doing the same to a phone a year or so ago,
just remember, tmz talking about years in jail, and guy ended up with like fine and few hours of community service

=

new rankings
JDS up 5 to #3
Lewis drops to #5

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'd like to see a time when a bigshot celeb spent hard time in lockup and registered as a felon for that sort of thing.

The only reason it's serious is because of his conviction in NY.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
didn't a rapper or nba player get busted for doing the same to a phone a year or so ago,
just remember, tmz talking about years in jail, and guy ended up with like fine and few hours of community service

=

new rankings
JDS up 5 to #3
Lewis drops to #5

Suge knight and Katt Williams were both arrested/charged with it, he's facing felony prosecution on it.

I guess it really depends on who you are.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Conor hasn't won a fight since 2016. I was on-board when he was down to fight Cowboy, but he fagged that up and decided to assault fans instead. Fuck him.

• 1Like