MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
1 conor = 3 jj?
i mean, it's really about how good you are at social media at this point, Conor has to thank...
Rhonda, she's noted as the first social media self promoter, and 193 did 1.1m, this is BEFORE anyone knew Holly would head kick her into nothing.

While Conor had to basically do two world tours, barely breaking 800k at 189, and then just keeping it going to 194, only then did he surpass Ronda by 100k.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
JJ is great at social media, king troll. However win or lose Conor is more entertaining in every single aspect.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
That was a disappointing main event. I don't hate JDS, but his win streak feels more like a fluke than a strong run through the division by a skilled and entertaining fighter.

HW really is DC, Stipe, and Jones then a gigantic gulf with everyone else. Which is fine I guess because it means Brock is just as worthy of losing a title fight as any of the rest of these dudes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

i like Lewis, but he isn't a top 5 fighter.

didn't watch after the fight if JDS called out anyone, but he was talking about a rematch with Overeem

if Reem beats Volkov.
winner of JDS/Reem could be top 3

then again, will probably get JDS/Stipe2
Stipe has to fight someone soon, and don't think it is going to be DC

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
my state sucks and is full of blind judges or some shit, how the fuck Rothwell loose that decision?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

jesus christ, look at that right foot flopping around like a flounder, thats why he was down for so long.

• 1Like

Goatface

damn

=

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Anthony Smith verbally agreed to headline UFC Fight Night on June 1 in Sweden

=

seems like a pointless match up
rather see them fight someone else coming off a win

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
damn

=

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Anthony Smith verbally agreed to headline UFC Fight Night on June 1 in Sweden

=

seems like a pointless match up
rather see them fight someone else coming off a win

Biggest problem with this is Gus last performance was so far below where he used to be striking wise.

Smith, OK passable. He obviously respected Jones ala Anderson Silva when he had the aura. He basically showed up just to get the shit beat out of him like the old Silva fights when he was untouchable. In the Pre-fight you could see that Smith's was extremely nervous. He could barely contain it. So he can get a pass on that-- and he did show a lot of heart by eating some absolutely devastating shots.

Gus? AND Smith. Same match off those last 2 performances?

No good. Hopefully its on ESPN+. That's right boys, nobody's watching that streaming shit.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Biggest problem with this is Gus last performance was so far below where he used to be striking wise.

Smith, OK passable. He obviously respected Jones ala Anderson Silva when he had the aura. He basically showed up just to get the shit beat out of him like the old Silva fights when he was untouchable. In the Pre-fight you could see that Smith's was extremely nervous. He could barely contain it. So he can get a pass on that-- and he did show a lot of heart by eating some absolutely devastating shots.

Gus? AND Smith. Same match off those last 2 performances?

No good. Hopefully its on ESPN+. That's right boys, nobody's watching that streaming shit.
well obviously it's gonna be a ESPN+, no way they'll have a numbered UFC in sweden, so it doesn't have to be a title fight.

Goatface

on espn+
in Sept, they said, 1 million paid subs
last month announced it was up 2 million paid, but apparently lost money in the 1st quarter
there could be a discounted bundled with Disney+, Hulu and Espn+ later this year or next

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
How the epic 'Lord of the Rings' deal explains Amazon's slow-burning media strategy
In the negotiations, Amazon asked the mixed martial arts league if it would consider scheduling more pay-per-view female fights, people with knowledge of the discussions said. Amazon told UFC its internal data indicated that an increase in female matches would appeal to Prime users, the people said, thus offering opportunities to promote Prime before, during and after matches.

The pitch didn’t work — UFC said top-level female fighting is still in its infancy and can’t fill out a schedule — but the request underscored Amazon’s broader effort.

wow amazon prime is full of idiots

• 1Worf

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
jon jones vs. dc at hw, i want to see a real champ, champ.
Jones will pulse so hard at heavyweight he turns into a black juicy Lesnar.

I'm pretty tired of people who call Jones a GOAT even though he's been caught cheating 4 times. As if using steroid doesn't greatly enhance performance or something.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
As if using steroid doesn't greatly enhance performance or something.

Current rules are current rules, I know, but I think the best solution to the whole steroid problem is to put everyone on them under doctor supervision. The athletes would heal faster and the matches would be better.

Next arena for cheating - hydraulic joint replacements.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the best solution is to suspend anyone with any steroid related metabolites regardless. The only time to overturn or reduce a suspension is when the fighter can produce evidence that shows something he or she took is tainted. And this only works once. Subsequent offences will result in suspension with no recourse. Let's not forget Nick Diaz got 4 years for weed which basically ended his career. Jones has a free pass for life.