MMA Thread

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck Jon Jones, but that stuff goes down in Strip Clubs every single night.

Those crusty cum breathed ho's are straight up retarded and rub their shit on you without asking or encouragement. Then, when you decline a dance or don't pay for their $20 water, they flip the fuck out. I am sure Jones' lawyers will have a field day with what ever idiots own the establishment after this ho's charges get thrown out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

Goatface

while not MMA, think goes along with the talk about throwing in the towel and stoppages

Maxim Dadashev -- the boxer who went into a coma after suffering injuries during a fight Friday night -- has died, both his trainer and coach announced Tuesday.
He was 28 years old.
Dadashev, a Russian junior welterweight contender, was fighting Puerto Rico’s Subriel Matias in the co-main event of Top Rank's boxing card on ESPN last week, when things took a horrible turn in the later rounds.
Dadashev was taking a lot of punches to the face and head ... and it got so ugly, his trainer, Buddy McGirt, had to beg the boxer to throw in the towel.
Ultimately, McGirt was able to get the fight stopped -- but the damage had been done ... Dadashev collapsed after the bout and was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital in Maryland after taking more than 300 punches in the bout.
Dadashev was diagnosed with a brain bleed and underwent a 2 hour procedure Friday evening in the hopes of saving his life. He was later placed in a medically induced coma.
But, McGirt announced Tuesday Dadashev had passed away from his injuries.
Dadashev was 13-1 in his boxing career and was considered one of the sport's bright young stars before Friday's fight.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
while not MMA, think goes along with the talk about throwing in the towel and stoppages

Maxim Dadashev -- the boxer who went into a coma after suffering injuries during a fight Friday night -- has died, both his trainer and coach announced Tuesday.
He was 28 years old.
Dadashev, a Russian junior welterweight contender, was fighting Puerto Rico’s Subriel Matias in the co-main event of Top Rank's boxing card on ESPN last week, when things took a horrible turn in the later rounds.
Dadashev was taking a lot of punches to the face and head ... and it got so ugly, his trainer, Buddy McGirt, had to beg the boxer to throw in the towel.
Ultimately, McGirt was able to get the fight stopped -- but the damage had been done ... Dadashev collapsed after the bout and was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital in Maryland after taking more than 300 punches in the bout.
Dadashev was diagnosed with a brain bleed and underwent a 2 hour procedure Friday evening in the hopes of saving his life. He was later placed in a medically induced coma.
But, McGirt announced Tuesday Dadashev had passed away from his injuries.
Dadashev was 13-1 in his boxing career and was considered one of the sport's bright young stars before Friday's fight.
Puerto Rico is still a US territory so TAKE THAT USSR!!!!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty fucked up. Guy was a good dude by all accounts, no one deserves to die like that. I feel for his family.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
his trainer, Buddy McGirt, had to beg the boxer to throw in the towel.
Ultimately, McGirt was able to get the fight stopped

I thought it was the corner's perogative to throw in the towel for the express reason of avoiding this outcome? Did he just not have the heart in the moment to really overrule his fighter?

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
My take on the matter is the same as my take anything else where there is a risk of death: If someone wants to put their life on the line then nobody should have the right to take that away from them. If someone wants to free climb a 1500 meter sheer cliff, more power to them. If someone wants to step into the ring and risk dying in an effort to win the match, more power to them.

• 2Cutler

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I thought it was the corner's perogative to throw in the towel for the express reason of avoiding this outcome? Did he just not have the heart in the moment to really overrule his fighter?
yea that trainer was inept at his job. he's basically driving his wife and asking her "can i slow down now?" and she's like "no go faster!!!" when he 100% fully controls the brakes(white towel).

• 2Picard

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For everyone arguing about the Russian's trainer...

I think it is pretty clear that he did care about his fighter and was doing what he could to stop the fight. Shit happens and this is a sad loss.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is a decent card. Like a B- or C+, which is a lot better than most of them in the past few months.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For everyone arguing about the Russian's trainer...

I think it is pretty clear that he did care about his fighter and was doing what he could to stop the fight. Shit happens and this is a sad loss.

Yeah anyone getting on Buddy's case for it is full of shit. He's already going to wonder about stopping it a round or two earlier for the rest of his life, its clear he was doing his best to take care of his fighter.