MMA Thread

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
not re-watched it, but remember thinking Yoel won that last fight. Like to see Whittaker win as Adesanya is annoying, they are already talking about super fight with him and J Jones.

Romero definately won the fight by damage and almost finishing but the scoring by rounds was pretty close and arguable either way. It is impressive that someone would be able to move up from WW and win two fights against the scariest guy at mw no matter how close the decision was.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Former two-time UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez has made the decision to move on from MMA so he can focus on professional wrestling.

Velasquez (14-3 MMA, 12-3 UFC) has informed the UFC of his intention to withdraw from the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) testing pool, effectively signaling his retirement from active MMA competition, a person with knowledge of the situation told MMA Junkie.

The decision by Velasquez, who suffered a 26-second knockout loss to Francis Ngannou at UFC on ESPN 1 in February in his only fight in more than three years, likely sets the stage for a full-time move to pro wrestling.

That move was signified when on Friday Velasquez showed up on the WWE Smackdown debut on FOX when he confronted newly crowned WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar, who he dethroned of the UFC heavyweight title at UFC 121 in October 2010.

Velasquez made his in-ring debut with the AAA promotion in Mexico City in August and impressed with the quickness in which he adapted. His second match came this past month, and again the former UFC titleholder came away with rave reviews

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Man, I actually like that move. There's nothing I hate more than watching your favorite old warhorses repeatedly run into the meatgrinder of younger talent long after they should have called it quits.

• 1Like

Wurstsalat

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just watched Countdown to UFC243. Hooker seems to be such a great person - hope he wins.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
A lot of these fights don't mean much to me on paper, but there's so many of them that I'm sure there will be some decent highlights.

I guess I favor Whittaker but not sure he will beat Israel.

I'm not sure, but I might want to see Fight Night 161 more than this. JJ/Waterson, Kron/Cub, maybe even Pena/Frevola

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I really hope Adesanya tones down his antics. I love the guy, tremendous fighter, now champion, but his shit talking is starting to get a little cringey.

I know he wanted to address criticisms, but fuck, you are now the champion, being humble is a better look. He is turning into a heel almost and it doesnt suit him.

He cant be an underdog anymore, so he is opting for brash and cocky I guess.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really hope Adesanya tones down his antics. I love the guy, tremendous fighter, now champion, but his shit talking is starting to get a little cringey.

I know he wanted to address criticisms, but fuck, you are now the champion, being humble is a better look. He is turning into a heel almost and it doesnt suit him.

He cant be an underdog anymore, so he is opting for brash and cocky I guess.
Prepare to be disappointed? Love him or hate him, this is clearly who Israel is.

Goatface

Cain removed from ranking so guess it is official now

===
Jones has been busy talking trash lately. he even showed up on Dana's live stream in chat to ask for a fight lol

0mivzrpn81r31.jpg

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Cain removed from ranking so guess it is official now

===
Jones has been busy talking trash lately. he even showed up on Dana's live stream in chat to ask for a fight lol

0mivzrpn81r31.jpg

Fairly sure that Jones could easily wrestlefuck and submit either one of them as long as he can remember that he’s literally the best fighter in the world at it.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree. I think Bones vs Israel ends in a take down, brutal GnP or submission. I'd love to see it though.