MMA Thread

Goatface

looks like that sports tape that was all the rage for awhile.

only recall one guy being known for have a swastika on his arm, had to fight with a rash guard shirt.
couple had theirs blacked out. always wondered is they could be covered in that spray on stuff like boxers used for ads.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
This isn't MMA related, but it relates to the really stupid shit announcers say.

RE: the announcer here talking about what a nice guy the Brazilian is. I about fell out of my chair at 3:52.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This isn't MMA related, but it relates to the really stupid shit announcers say.

RE: the announcer here talking about what a nice guy the Brazilian is. I about fell out of my chair at 3:52.

ppl say MMA w/ jui jitsu is gay, men on the bottom wrapping their legs around another guy in missionary. Or you can watch two meatheads wrap their legs around a nightstand for stability and leaning all the way down for leverage, while 3 bills are on the table.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

"i mean i think i have the highest TD defense in the history of the sport..."

yea, i don't think that helped at all

i buying coolant when i heard this and laughed in the auto aisle.

it's ok it was in Walmart, ppl be crazy there.

• 1Worf

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
ppl say MMA w/ jui jitsu is gay, men on the bottom wrapping their legs around another guy in missionary. Or you can watch two meatheads wrap their legs around a nightstand for stability and leaning all the way down for leverage, while 3 bills are on the table.

Larrat is pretty damn entertaining and makes armwrestling worth watching whenever he's involved.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
really should just call it OSP choke at this point.

There's a fair case for that. It's really interesting how he uses his arm outside the choke to trap his opponent's hand so they can't release the guillotine and escape.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
243 looking like trash

Preliminary Card (ESPN)
Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
MiddleweightRobert Whittaker (c)vs.Israel Adesanya (ic)
LightweightAl Iaquintavs.Dan Hooker
HeavyweightTai Tuivasavs.Sergey Spivac
WelterweightLuke Jumeauvs.Dhiego Lima
WelterweightJake Matthewsvs.Rostem Akman
HeavyweightJustin Tafavs.Yorgan De Castro
WelterweightCallan Pottervs.Maki Pitolo
Women’s FeatherweightMegan Andersonvs.Zarah Fairn dos Santos
LightweightJamie Mullarkeyvs.Brad Riddell
Women’s FlyweightNadia Kassemvs.Ji Yeon Kim
BantamweightKhalid Tahavs.Bruno Silva

also not holly co main

also no mark hunt, only time he fights is in aussieland, is he let go? why? (besides the obvious lawsuit)

would love to see how whittaker does now with TWO hands.

don't forget if whittaker didn't have super human reflexes he'd be decapitated

Goatface

also no mark hunt, only time he fights is in aussieland, is he let go? why? (besides the obvious lawsuit)

he left ufc in dec last year. don't know if the lawsuit is over or not, almost all of it was dismissed earlier this year.

there was a rumor about him going to bare knuckle but don't think that panned out.

243 looking like trash
couldn't find anything current, after holly pulled out, but press was saying this card could break the attendance record
1.UFC 193Rousey (c) vs. HolmNov 14, 2015Etihad Stadium Australia Melbourne, Australia56,214[10]
2.UFC 129St-Pierre (c) vs. ShieldsApr 30, 2011Rogers Centre Canada Toronto, Ontario, Canada55,724
3.UFC 198Werdum (c) vs. MiocicMay 14, 2016Arena da Baixada Brazil Curitiba, Brazil45,207

Last edited:

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think Adesanya wins by TKO.

Didnt Whittaker get stopped by Stephen Thompson?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think Adesanya wins by TKO.

Didnt Whittaker get stopped by Stephen Thompson?
probably what made he go up to MW and he's been on a tear since.

I mean that is the same wonderboy that mince meated former champ big rigg

sure lately he's pretty sad, but not when he was demolishing ppl and putting on a show.

Goatface

not re-watched it, but remember thinking Yoel won that last fight. Like to see Whittaker win as Adesanya is annoying, they are already talking about super fight with him and J Jones.

Goatface

UFC star Conor McGregor will appear in a Dublin court next week to face an assault charge, Independent.ie can reveal.

Detectives have served a summons on the 31-year-old fighter to appear before a judge next Friday morning.
McGregor, who is originally from Dublin but living in Kildare, is now expected to appear before Dublin District Court on October 11.
The DPP had directed earlier this year that he should be prosecuted over the alleged assault and a summons has formally been served on him by gardai for the court case.
He faces a single assault charge under Section Two of the Non-Fatal Offences Against the Person Act over the incident on April 6 last at the Marble Arch pub in Drimnagh.
It carries a maximum prison term of six months upon summary conviction, a fine of €1,500, or both

----

i doubt he will get nothing more that few hours of talking to kids or something. but that guy he hit will probably get a nice payday.