MMA Thread

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I got pawed in the balls by a 130 lb pit bull while I was high as shit and tried to walk it off. All the colors faded to black and white and there was a big boom inside my head. I thought I was literally dying or about to die. I told my buddy to tell everybody I loved them and then he helped me walk around his house and I counted to 50 and ended up feeling better and the passing out feeling went away.

I say that to say this. I don't know how someone can get kicked in the balls and be able to continue against a world class competitor in a fight.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I say that to say this. I don't know how someone can get kicked in the balls and be able to continue against a world class competitor in a fight.

Cause you wear a cup and rarely get kicked square on in the crotch, it usually hits the leg and slides up. Which is not to say it isn't excruciating, but there have been a handful of really bad shots that led to a fighter being unable to continue. I don't recommend googling it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Also there's a big difference in something happening during a fight when you're full of adrenaline and when you're hanging out with your pals and a dog whacks you in the donger.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The forums are the only place people understand the physics of why cups don't protect you from damage.

IRL casuals are always baffled "BUT HES GOT A CUP ON" I had to listen to this for years. They'd protest every nut shot.

I just say "and I can knock you out with you wearing headgear, whats your point".

Sterling

El Presidente
The forums are the only place people understand the physics of why cups don't protect you from damage.

IRL casuals are always baffled "BUT HES GOT A CUP ON" I had to listen to this for years.

I just say "and I can knock you out with you wearing headgear, whats your point".
I mean these things do protect you from damage, it's just what should be obviously not a 100 percent thing.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Im not a fan of Justin Gaethje. I thought him throwing the belt down saying "I'll wait for the real one" was a bit disrespectful to Ferguson who was considered the champ as well since he was never beaten for the title. I don't see him doing to Khabib what he did to Ferguson. Khabib will take him down and have his way with him.

• 1Salty

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It was very frustrating to me that Tony never attempted a real takedown. I expect Kabob smash against Justin just like everyone else. Tie up the legs, "You must give up, you know this."

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Im not a fan of Justin Gaethje. I thought him throwing the belt down saying "I'll wait for the real one" was a bit disrespectful to Ferguson who was considered the champ as well since he was never beaten for the title. I don't see him doing to Khabib what he did to Ferguson. Khabib will take him down and have his way with him.

He did that because Tony pushed him off after the fight and rejected his offering.

He was within his rights to toss the belt after Tony refused to take the loss like a champ. He was salty to the point he immediately shoved Gaethje off and told em to fuck off.

• 1Like

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
He did that because Tony pushed him off after the fight and rejected his offering.

He was within his rights to toss the belt after Tony refused to take the loss like a champ. He was salty to the point he immediately shoved Gaethje off and told em to fuck off.

Whats funny is that the stream I was watching ended with like a minute left in the fight so missed all that lol.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Meh, he tried to get in between and hug him while Tony's trainer was tending to his battered and broken face. Right after he came up and congratulated him and Gaethje threw the belt after so i'm not buying that reason. But at the same time, I didn't really take it is offensive to Tony to throw the belt either.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

and here we go

Unless he thinks Khabib isn't fighting for awhile he isn't getting either of those guys until they go for the belt. Conor's list should be Nate, Ferguson, or Masvidal. Maybe Pettis. Ferguson might be out for awhile, though, so might not be a thing for his next fight if he really still wants to fight 2 more times this year.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cause you wear a cup and rarely get kicked square on in the crotch, it usually hits the leg and slides up. Which is not to say it isn't excruciating, but there have been a handful of really bad shots that led to a fighter being unable to continue. I don't recommend googling it.

Going back to early UFC days in '94 or so I remember Keith Hackney landing multiple hard punches to JoSon's (possibly cupless) nutsack. Of course that was legal back then.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider

Let's hope not.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lets be honest the interim belt has been a joke for years and everyone rips these interim champs that walk around with the belt pretending theyre the real champ. Justin just did what everyone has been thinking for years

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Justin's post fight interview was the first time I've really watched him talk about anything at length. I really like the guy.

Honestly, there's not a lot of UFC fighters that I don't like after having watched them talk for a bit. Well, Ronda Rousey struck me as a real cunt after watching her coach the Ultimate Fighter.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Justin's post fight interview was the first time I've really watched him talk about anything at length. I really like the guy.

Honestly, there's not a lot of UFC fighters that I don't like after having watched them talk for a bit. Well, Ronda Rousey struck me as a real cunt after watching her coach the Ultimate Fighter.

Rousey put on a disgusting display during the coaches competition. Real class act. Acted like a grade schooler.

• 1Solidarity