MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I just don't get the big deal. Is there somehow a greater impact by everyone who was watching the PPV find out about the Lesnar story from the UFC, rather than from Helwani first? Is that going to somehow impact the PPV sales for UFC 200? To me it seems like the UFC made a much bigger deal out of this than needed.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Hardly. Breach of an NDA is a civil violation, not criminal (unless you're divulging some government secrets). It can't get you prison time. Depending on the NDA you might be subject to penalties specified in the wrongful termination section of your contract, or maybe damages if the other party sues. Generally, though, the other party just gets to say "fuck you" and that's the end of it.
Parking in a no-parking zone is a civil violation. It can't get you prison time. It's still illegal

Jive Turkey

Karen
One would think if they are going to air a promo with Brock Lesnar in it, a lot of people would know about it.
The promo was just a little 4 second clip of Brock using old stock footage with an old voice over. It's not like they needed a whole film crew to know about it, just whoever edited the spot. And even then, only one person on the editing team would have to know about it to tack in onto the end

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
rrr_img_135449.jpg

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'd bet you that a surprising number of people at least knew enough to piece it together. Hunt had already mentioned publicly that Dana had told him to be ready for UFC 200; people were already talking about who he might be facing.

rrr_img_135458.jpg

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's pretty unprecedented that Vince McMahon is letting him do this. Vince fears the guy losing(which Brock will) and then losing all the heat they have built up in the WWE because of the loss. I guess Vince feels Brock is immune to it now and rightfully so. Dana has even been on record as saying they wouldn't deal with Pro-Wrestlers that were under contract just because of the fear of fixing allegations so I would have never guessed it was Brock. It isn't the first time Dana has said something and done the complete opposite though. I still found it very unlikely and was very surprised when it was leaked and then announced officially.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if Vegas is loving the match up. A bunch of WWE fans are going to dump money on Brock not knowing who Hunt is. I haven't looked at the odds yet but I'm guessing Brock is +300 maybe even more.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I wonder if Vegas is loving the match up. A bunch of WWE fans are going to dump money on Brock not knowing who Hunt is. I haven't looked at the odds yet but I'm guessing Brock is +300 maybe even more.
Odds have been all over the place for days, Lesnar was even the favorite for a while. Right now Hunt is around -200 with Lesnar around +150 or +200. I'm sure that will change as we get closer but I don't know by how much.

That sounds about right, and I agree with Mir that Brock doesn't like to be punched. If Hunt can scare him early I wouldn't be surprised if we see Brock trying to run. But if Brock can get him down and pin him against the cage like he's done before, I'm not sure that Hunt will be able to get free. I would love to see Hunt KO Brock when he shoots for a takedown though, that would just be amazing.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Chad Mendez got popped. The best comment I have seen has been
Yea you can't be strutting around USADA with cobra traps like that. About as discreet as syringes sticking out of your bicep veins