MMA Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
oh i hope they strip him and then they book t.ferg vs. conner for the interim

I think it's about time we finally get to actually see Khabib v. Tony. If Conor can take on whoever they deem to be next for him he can fight the winner down the line

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'd very much like to see Khabib vs Tony next but if Khabib is out 12+ Tony vs Conor could make do

• 1Like

Goatface

Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov’s temporary UFC suspensions have been extended indefinitely, the Nevada State Athletic Commission confirmed.

Khabib has also been branded “the catalyst” for the aftermath and the NASC unanimously voted that he will only receive half of his $2m purse so that he can pay expenses and cornermen. The other $1m is being transferred UFC to NASC for safekeeping.

Both fighters were initally suspended for 10 days by the NASC following the unsavoury scenes after McGregor’s defeat to Khabib at UFC 229.

=
resolution expected in December

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov’s temporary UFC suspensions have been extended indefinitely, the Nevada State Athletic Commission confirmed.

Khabib has also been branded “the catalyst” for the aftermath and the NASC unanimously voted that he will only receive half of his $2m purse so that he can pay expenses and cornermen. The other $1m is being transferred UFC to NASC for safekeeping.

Both fighters were initally suspended for 10 days by the NASC following the unsavoury scenes after McGregor’s defeat to Khabib at UFC 229.

=
resolution expected in December
does this even affect anything? they have 49 otherstates to choose from to fight in.

Goatface

don't know if official policy or just Dana talk, but he said if suspended they wouldn't move fights to another location

Khabib/Conor 2 in Russia would great, they could probably fill luzhniki stadium (80+k)

Goatface

the rumor of ufc shutting down FW had some new legs a week or so ago.
with DJ gone, don't think anyone would even miss it

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
the rumor of ufc shutting down FW had some new legs a week or so ago.
with DJ gone, don't think anyone would even miss it
i mean we have ever increasing number of women, theres no need to have fw, snore division. bw is still competitive at least.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Would this be the first time a major promotion like UFC or ONE has straight up traded fighters? This is pretty big news although DJ for Askren seems like a whack trade. Guess they want to kill the FW division and get someone to take out Woodley.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Would this be the first time a major promotion like UFC or ONE has straight up traded fighters? This is pretty big news although DJ for Askren seems like a whack trade. Guess they want to kill the FW division and get someone to take out Woodley.
from the old jre askren, seems like ONE was always willing to let askren go but dana and ufc kept on fucking w/ him. i think he has one fight left.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
does this even affect anything? they have 49 otherstates to choose from to fight in.

They won't do an end-run around the NSAC if they ever want to do a show in Vegas again. Also, most of the state commissions have reciprocal enforcement agreements with each other.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That is crazy because according to Askren Dana fucking hates him. I think Dana is on record saying that too, but Asren definitely talked about it on Joe Rogan's Podcast.
hates him and says wrestlers are boring.

Dana's not wrong, did ya'll see Bader rape Meathead along the fence last week?

• 1Solidarity