MMA Thread

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Fedor looked pretty good against Chael but who didn't expect that? He's still got a little fire and I'd like to see what else he can accomplish before calling it quits.

Ryan Fucking Bader had a field day with Mitrione. It would be interesting to see him back in the UFC.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I wonder what a prime Fedor would do in todays UFC. His striking is arguably world class, still at his advanced age, nevermind when he was 29.

Grappling and wrestling he doesnt have many peers at HW, so he would be able to stuff Cormier and stifle all of his mummy bullshit, while holding a clear striking advantage.

I think he is just too big for Jon Jones. Him losing to BJJ wizard like Werdum is forgivable, so I really dont see anyone who would give him an honest challenge.

40 year old Fedor is still a great fighter, but father time always wins and it's most likely going to end badly for him unless he beats Bader then walks away.

Man, I still think Fedor should have gone for LHW. I dunno. He never really cut weight, so we don't know how well he would handle cutting to 205. But I always thought he was a fat LHW fighting at HW.

As much as I am a Fedor homer, I don't think prime Fedor would go through the current HW ranks like a wrecking ball. I think he'd be well above .500, but I don't know if he'd be able to dominate in today's HW scene like he did in Pride. Maybe an occasional loss.

I think his chin would have been tested and wrecked earlier in the UFC, and his slide downwards would have started earlier as well. Especially in the current UFC. It isn't that I think the HW division is deep per se, but I think some of the HWs from the last decade in the UFC would have really challenged him in a way he hasn't been challenged in a long time. I think Stipe and DC could hold their own with prime Fedor, and I'd like to have seen Cain and a few others take him on.

And while I always wanted Fedor to go LHW...when I think about that punch Hendo laid on him, I'm honestly not sure how Fedor vs JJ would go down. I'm not even sure if prime Fedor could have taken that punch. Maybe? Hendo doesn't have pillow hands, but we saw Fedor in his prime get wobbled but somehow cling on. But it was such an unorthodox strike, and JJ really likes unorthodox striking. JJ also has top tier wrestling, and he's really quick. I could see JJ being able to stay out of trouble and give Fedor a run for his money, easily. It would definitely have been one of those fantasy fights that would never have happened, though. But it's such an unorthodox matchup, I guess, that I could see someone argue it a few different ways.

Jive Turkey

Karen
naw, Fedor just fucked up Chael, literally in the first 3seconds

you have to slowmo this, otherwise it looks like a classic Chael "work"
Fedor.gif

View attachment 179081

However, praise Chaels chin, holy shit.

Watch the ending though. Chael shoots for a single leg, then just kinda lets go and flops to his side after a couple of half power hammer fists. Didn't make sense. Not saying it was a work, but Chael is starting to feel like the white Bob Sapp

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
naw, Fedor just fucked up Chael, literally in the first 3seconds

you have to slowmo this, otherwise it looks like a classic Chael "work"
Fedor.gif

However, praise Chaels chin, holy shit.

Jesus, that left moved Chael's entire upper body a foot, through his chin. That guy can take a hit, and Fedor still has some ferocious power. He wasn't even grounded on his left leg when the hook landed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I didn't realize he got hit that hard-- Lanx is right you need to slo-mo it.

That explains his behavior and some of those transitions he was doing. He was basically out on his feet. I heard "BAD STOPPAGE", "HES BLOCKING EVERY SHOT" at the end of the fight from the peanut gallery. I think we all agree the stop was pretty responsible. Not sure what people wanted to see. Whether his arms were blocking all shots wasn't as important as his position looked like a move called roll-over-and-die. Also I have 0 experience but I'm guessing your gloved hand being punched into your face is significant transfer of force-- esp when its Fedor laying the hammers.

Still I bet some butthurt will add it to the bad referee highlight reel since Big Dan is already featured in a number of other clips in that compilation.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I didn't realize he got hit that hard-- Lanx is right you need to slo-mo it.

That explains his behavior and some of those transitions he was doing. He was basically out on his feet. I heard "BAD STOPPAGE", "HES BLOCKING EVERY SHOT" at the end of the fight from the peanut gallery. I think we all agree the stop was pretty responsible. Not sure what people wanted to see. Whether his arms were blocking all shots wasn't as important as his position looked like a move called roll-over-and-die. Also I have 0 experience but I'm guessing your gloved hand being punched into your face is significant transfer of force-- esp when its Fedor laying the hammers.

Still I bet some butthurt will add it to the bad referee highlight reel since Big Dan is already featured in a number of other clips in that compilation.
Chael was fucksville after that left, most ppl didn't really say bad stoppage, but rather early stoppage, i think it's cuz they wanted to see a 2nd round, if Chael could have only lasted 15 more seconds, he was eating that GnP for 10s, he'd later say it was worst he's had.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Chael was fucksville after that left, most ppl didn't really say bad stoppage, but rather early stoppage, i think it's cuz they wanted to see a 2nd round, if Chael could have only lasted 15 more seconds, he was eating that GnP for 10s, he'd later say it was worst he's had.
But I also saw Chael say that he was ok at the end and just blocking; didn't think the ref was really gonna call it.

This is also Chael, though, and half of what he says is bullshit

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
But I also saw Chael say that he was ok at the end and just blocking; didn't think the ref was really gonna call it.

This is also Chael, though, and half of what he says is bullshit
tbf to Chael, watching the last 30s he was blocking w/ his forearms and wasn't getting facesmashed, Fedor wasn't even doing any hammer fists to the side of head(it was catching arm) or anything. However, Chael wasn't moving, like at all(to show that he was ok).

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
tbf to Chael, watching the last 30s he was blocking w/ his forearms and wasn't getting facesmashed, Fedor wasn't even doing any hammer fists to the side of head(it was catching arm) or anything. However, Chael wasn't moving, like at all(to show that he was ok).
I know, it was so fucking bizarre. I don't think it was a work, at all, but I can't really blame people for watching that and not knowing WTF to think

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I know, it was so fucking bizarre. I don't think it was a work, at all, but I can't really blame people for watching that and not knowing WTF to think

I mean he didn't really have many options at that point outside of curl into fetal position and pray the round ends.

Not many refs are going to let that happen.

Fedor

<Banned>
Video: Daniel Cormier's crazy story of fan helping Conor McGregor during UFC 229 brawl is true

DC said:
There’s a guy behind me. He’s wearing this nice jacket. … So he’s standing behind me, and he goes, ‘Who do you got in the fight?’ This guy’s completely not into the game, right? So I go, ‘Yeah, I’m gonna go Khabib.’ So after the fight, when we all jumped the rail, I’m like in the octagon pushing, and the guy’s like checking on Conor. He was like a fan. He was just like a fan that jumped the rail when everyone else jumped the rail and got all the way to the octagon – he was like checking on Conor. I (later) asked my wife, ‘Salina, what happened with that guy? Was he with McGregor?’ She goes, ‘Daniel, after he went and checked to make sure Conor was OK, he just got back in his seat.’ I swear to God. He just climbed the rail and got back in his seat. I was like, ‘What in the world just happened!? What in the world just happened!?’ It was crazy. How did this dude end up in the octagon, and then he checked to make sure Conor was OK, and then he went back and sat down.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I travel a lot for work. I am an average guy in my mid 30's. I fucking hate the airlines, but I have found a trick to have it be a much more bearable experience.

Wear a suit or at least a suit jacket. I wouldn't say you get away with more shit (like this jackass did), but I would say you command much more innate respect. People see a well-dressed man and they don't hassel you over anything. If you have to ask for something, they are like johnny-on-the-fucking-spot to please you. This is airport security, flight attendants, and even the rental car counter folks. Look sharp, be confident, and kind... the world really opens up to you. Maybe you will even get to corner Conor McGregor in his next fight, lol.